• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter JBP
  • Start date Start date

JBP

Inactive
Reaction score
:cdn:Well folks, it's July 1st, it's our Nations Day to celebrate! :cdn:

Who is doing what for Canada and what interesting things have you done in the past? I am currently working because I get time and a half... But only for half a day! After that it's fishing with my best bud!

Today is a great day, we should all rejoice I believe!

Happy Canada day!
:cdn: :salute: :cdn:
:cdn:

Like in the last 4-5 years, I'm working and moving...  (I'm from Quebec, we all move on Canada Day)..  But after that, a little beer for MY birthday!!  ;D  :blotto:  :cdn:  :salute:

Yeah I heard that everyone in Montreal and area moves on Canada day! What is the story behind that? It was on the news when I got home from work today. I lived in Montreal when I was a child for about 6 months. Unfortunatly I didn't get enough time to learn french enough! I will be bi-lingual eventually anyways... Is there some history behind the big Canada move or it just seemed to happen and now it's a continuing tradition?!?

Joe
Ever curious!
???

I do know that leases in Quebec run from July to June, so that might be part of it?  Although, I have no idea if July 1 is moving day because the leases work that way, or if Leases work that way because July 1 is moving day. 

I don't know the whole story, but I think it's a tradition now..  but is probably due to the leases...  July1st to June30th..  and July 1st is a stat, so you're almost sure not to work that day..  usefull..

Have a good one!

Damn. I was on my first or second day of basic this Canada Day. It was depressing because I could hear the fireworks in Chilliwack but we were all confined to barracks to make beds and prep for inspections. No celebration there.

It was depressing because I could hear the fireworks in Chilliwack but we were all confined to barracks to make beds and prep for inspections. No celebration there.

ACK! You mean to say they didn't let you celebrate at ALL?!?!?!

My god Jim! It's the Canadian ARMY and they didn't celebrate CANADA DAY!!?!?!?

??? ??? ???
>:(
:crybaby:
:threat:
I don't like that!
Guess that's prolly because it was the beginning of your basic and because it was basic!... Damn!

Back