• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

hand to hand combat on engineer Ql3

cpl.wolowidnyk

Inactive
Reaction score
i was wondering if u take hand to hand combat in the reg force engineer ql3, also the course takes 20 weeks, what are some other things that are on it :salute:

As far as I can remember, CQCB may be touched upon on a 043 Sect Mbr course, but there is not normally enough time (with the other billion PO's that must be passed during such a short time) to get in depth into it.

As for the FTX(s), you confirm in the field what you have learned in the classroom. If you read the basic job description on the recruiting page of DND's website, that is pretty much what you can expect to be doing, except at the Sect Mbr course level, you can delete construct and maintain roads, airfields, heliports (not HLS / HLZ), causeways, permanent and temporary buildings (mostly Heavy Equipment and Construction Troop jobs), provide drinking water (need water supply course), Maintain and operate engineer heavy equipment (mostly requires Heavy course). In any case, during your FTX, you can expect very little to no sleep, and lots of physical activity. Of course, that very closely resembles what actual work conditions are for us in a theatre of operations, so if you can't hack it there.....

Anyone know why the trades helper courses are still on the recruiting page? I haven't seen or heard of one of them being offered since 1996 when I believe the last Mason helper went through Chilliwack. Or maybe it was Electrician Helper.....

Hand to hand combat on the DP1 Trade qualification..... uhhh... nope.
There will be plenty of physical education and physicaly demanding work but, there is no time for such. Many of the Brigades have been developing hand to hand / close quarter fighthing programs - but this is not "school material".

How long are the Field Exercises - I could say that they will take as long as is required - it will depend on what you are doing and what your CO wants to accomplish. With the elimination of Assault pioneers in the infantry, Troops go out on a regular basis - in direct support of the Infantry & Armd branches.

right on, thanks for the insight, im super pumped to go on my QL3 and give the engineers a try :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :skull:

Do or do not do....there is no try...

yoda.jpg

cpl.wolowidnyk said:
i was wondering if u take hand to hand combat in the reg force engineer ql3, also the course takes 20 weeks, what are some other things that are on it :salute:

In reply, I'm an ex-trooper with the '2 silk' A.K.A  2nd RCAR. Sometimes we had combat engineers with us during hot missions and rule of thumb in the airborne is everyone halls their own ass. Reason being we used small deployments many times (6 to 18 members), we couldn't afford to play baby sitter, everyone's on the clock. So I assume they had some kinda training or other.

P.S.  The 'TWO' still lives  :salute: :threat: :army: :skull: :cdn:

gatorxl2 said:
In reply, I'm an ex-trooper with the '2 silk' A.K.A  2nd RCAR. Sometimes we had combat engineers with us during hot missions and rule of thumb in the airborne is everyone halls their own ***. Reason being we used small deployments many times (6 to 18 members), we couldn't afford to play baby sitter, everyone's on the clock. So I assume they had some kinda training or other.

P.S.  The 'TWO' still lives  :salute: :threat: :army: :skull: :cdn:

2 silk?

2nd RCAR ?

Hot missions?

???

2RCAR?.... you mean they had more than one?

gatorxl2 - given that your profile provides absolutely no background information on your qualifications & experience - pardon me if I have to take what you say with a grain of salt.

Of course there is training given to our sappers - it's just not provided to the new guys on their initial qualification course.

Sappers are not, nor have they ever been "dead weight" and we certainly don't require a "sitter". You will find that the Combat engineer is a highly prized asset of the combat team.

Chimo!

Where's Tyke when we need him?
We did have unarmed combat instructor's at one time,I don't know about now.
One name amongst the Engineer's was Tyke,and he was good.

Earl,
it's not that it isn't being taught..... it's just not taught on our basic trade training.

Back