• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
Here is what happens and the steps to be taken. And the answer to your question is yes.

What do you base that on? Have you attended enough ceremonies to back that up?

Again, see the relevant procedure if someone does not or refuses to take the oath or affirmation

How many Canadians born here have never taken any oath or pledged any allegiance to the Crown or anything related to the Canadian way of life?

I bet that proportionally there have been way more immigrants that have pledged allegiance to the Crown and Canada than actual people born here.
every boy scout or girl guide from my generation repeated the pledge of allegiance every week

every boy scout or girl guide from my generation repeated the pledge of allegiance every week
All nice but isn’t an actual official oath or affirmation beyond that world. My scout group (Franco) pledged allegiance to God, the Church and Canada in that order. And we didn’t do it every week. It was when we did our scouts promise ceremony.

"Woke" is the exploitation of existing issues to create chaos and the means to destroy the existing structures to allow the formation of Marxist style take over. Even if most of the participant are unaware of the real purposes. It has nothing to do with fixing issues, just exploiting them.
What word/description/group is in favour of fixing the existing issues that the "woke" have correctly identified and but are co-opting for exploitation?

If the issues are real, and most of the participants are "unaware of the real purposes" and therefore genuinely interested in fixing them, can the average "woke" person be accurately described as "woke" as a pejorative?

Part of me feels good about this. A bigger part of me wonders how many extremists will get in .

The former part is my humanitarian side, The latter part has been reinforced by the events and protests happening already in Canada last few weeks.

I do hope if any Canadians that have legitimate ties to hamas is discovered. That they are prosecuted as terrorists. But we do know that is wishful thinking.

All nice but isn’t an actual official oath or affirmation beyond that world. My scout group (Franco) pledged allegiance to God, the Church and Canada in that order. And we didn’t do it every week. It was when we did our scouts promise ceremony.
I pledge allegiance to the Queen, and to the flag, and to the country for which it stands. One nation, indivisible, with liberty, justice, and equality for all. It isn't official but it certainly registered as so with a troop of 12 year olds

WAY back when I was in Grade 1 - 60 years ago - we recited the Lord's Prayer EVERY morning at school followed by God Save the Queen or Oh Canada - I can't remember which. Just thought I would chime in on the whole oath thing.
I do hope if any Canadians that have legitimate ties to hamas is discovered. That they are prosecuted as terrorists. But we do know that is wishful thinking.
Yes you are correct - we let murderers go after a few years - and we reward terrorists.

WAY back when I was in Grade 1 - 60 years ago - we recited the Lord's Prayer EVERY morning at school followed by God Save the Queen or Oh Canada - I can't remember which. Just thought I would chime in on the whole oath thing.

Yes you are correct - we let murderers go after a few years - and we reward terrorists.
When I was in Elementary School on PEI back in the 90s the day started with O Canada, and in Jr. High it started with The Lords Prayer(protestant version), followed by O Canada. I think In High School it went back to just O Canada.

When I was in Elementary School on PEI back in the 90s the day started with O Canada, and in Jr. High it started with The Lords Prayer(protestant version), followed by O Canada. I think In High School it went back to just O Canada.

Doesn't school in PEI begin with an oath to The One True Anne and her Ginger Successors?

I pledge allegiance to the Queen, and to the flag, and to the country for which it stands. One nation, indivisible, with liberty, justice, and equality for all. It isn't official but it certainly registered as so with a troop of 12 year olds
I have no doubt. Just that it isn’t official nor is it a requirement other than being a Boy Scout. Most Canadians born here that made an official oath or affirmation was by virtue of being sworn in to a particular part of national service. The rest which would be most other Canadians born here have not. Every immigrant that earned citizenship here made an oath or affirmation.

Doesn't school in PEI begin with an oath to The One True Anne and her Ginger Successors?
Who told you? That's our secret!

We have be betrayed! Initiate code Po-tay-toes, I say again
the lord of the rings actor GIF

Same for me in BC... and I also clearly recall singing 'Marching to Pretoria' in music class.

I guess they expected a resurgence of Boer disloyalty so wanted us to be ready.... ;)

Huh, I was born a Canadian citizen overseas to Canadian parents. Moved around a lot and didn't live in Canada until I was 15.

Never did any of those things, prayers, national anthems, oaths, etc. If I hadn't joined the military I would never have sworn any sort of oath of loyalty.

So, removing military service, where does that put me on the good, loyal Canadian scale?

What word/description/group is in favour of fixing the existing issues that the "woke" have correctly identified and but are co-opting for exploitation?

If the issues are real, and most of the participants are "unaware of the real purposes" and therefore genuinely interested in fixing them, can the average "woke" person be accurately described as "woke" as a pejorative?
They often have not "identified the issue" They have been told what issue they should be offended about or ascertained that criticising a certain issue will result in increased social approval by their peer group. Most are sheep/mob and led by agitators. The issues used are often complex and require sustained effort by multiple groups and levels of government to resolve and the solutions are completely unsexy or even unappetizing to the "Woke".

Huh, I was born a Canadian citizen overseas to Canadian parents. Moved around a lot and didn't live in Canada until I was 15.

Never did any of those things, prayers, national anthems, oaths, etc. If I hadn't joined the military I would never have sworn any sort of oath of loyalty.

So, removing military service, where does that put me on the good, loyal Canadian scale?
Damm lucky to be born Canadian that is. Like winning a lottery ticket.

Lords prayer was normal in my elementary school, along with our school song. Assemblies at school started with O'Canada.

I think you're misinterpreting our stories of odd goings on as wistful reminiscing... I grew up in a religious home, and I thought playing The Lord's Prayer in school was weird.

Listening to O Canada doesn't make anyone more or less loyal, neither does saying words. Words are just words, it's the intent behind them that matters. "Oathbreaker" isn't a new concept, and doesn't require not saying the words in a citizenship ceremony.

My immediate thought, as a verbal minority (as soon as I open my mouth people know I'm not from here) is:

Is the author a Jew in Canada or a Canadian? Are the Palestinians Palestinians in Canada or Canadians? How many of the residents of Canada are Scots, Irish, Sikhs, Hans in Canada and not Canadians?

The country that invited us immigrants in was a liberal country with a liberal culture, one that sought to be accommodating and trusting that the people it invited in wouldn't take advantage of the trust it showed. I suggest that the well meaning liberals of Canada expected that their trust would be rewarded and not abused.

But given the pace at which new immigrants have been received into this country how much of that original, welcoming, trusting, liberal culture is left?

Conversely, how much of the culture is now a post-national hodge-podge of people that are still tied to their homelands and see Canada only as a refuge?

It seems that Trudeau prefers the hodge podge and is comfortable in seeing the previous culture subsumed.
At risk of continuing this tangent, most immigrant experiences change after the 3rd (if you’re counting the folks actually immigrating as 1st) generation.

1st generation: Tied to homelands generally
2nd generation: 50/50, trying to balance “old country” culture and Canadian culture
3rd generation: Pretty much Canadian culture, with smattering of ties to ethnicity

This is why the 2nd generation has a “bridge” mentality and is pulled in various directions - their parents want them to respect and follow the old country traditions, while their peers want them to be Canadian. I am a 2nd generation immigrant and while I can explain it to folks easily enough, it is tough to let go of those ”old country” traditions that may conflict with current Canadian culture.

OK, I’ll stop now.

Back