• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
Not certain it’s Hamas related, but parking it here as the most likely bet. Large explosion reported in Tel Aviv in the past hour. No word on casualties.

Unconfirmed reports showing possible drone wreckage, and attributing it to a hit on a high-rise.

Apparently the drone came all the way from Yemen! This is according to Israeli sources (and Houthis Forces claimed responsibility as well).

Very interesting from the footage (video below) that it seemed to be a very slow flying drone and reports that it was targeting the US embassy in Tel Aviv.

Not certain it’s Hamas related, but parking it here as the most likely bet. Large explosion reported in Tel Aviv in the past hour. No word on casualties.

Unconfirmed reports showing possible drone wreckage, and attributing it to a hit on a high-rise.

Following up- Yemen’s Houthis have confirmed they are responsible, and that this is part of their campaign to attempt to force Israel out of Gaza, so absent a dedicated Israel vs Houthis thread, I’ll keep this exchange in here rather than the Houthi Red Sea thread.

Anyway- Israel has struck back and appears to have pretty much destroyed a significant fuel port in Houthi territory in Yemen. I’ve seen reports attributing the strikes to Israel F-15s and F-35s. It would be interesting to know who consented to overflight for Israel to launch these hits.

I think they be busy figuring out which exact course.

Last line from the video:
"The scary part is that now non-state actors have the ability to use high-tech weapons far beyond their own borders."

No, the scary part of this story is the Israeli air force.

"The scary part is that now non-state actors have the ability to use high-tech weapons far beyond their own borders."

I don't live in fear of the IAF, funny if your country leaves Israel alone they leave your country alone.

The non-State Actor stuff is coming to a conflict near you(1500km).....

Can you elaborate?

If the Houthis did the same to an American asset, the US military would likely do the exact same. Remember - they fired cruise missiles at Houthi locations when they fired the first missiles in the Red Sea.

Following up- Yemen’s Houthis have confirmed they are responsible, and that this is part of their campaign to attempt to force Israel out of Gaza, so absent a dedicated Israel vs Houthis thread, I’ll keep this exchange in here rather than the Houthi Red Sea thread.

Anyway- Israel has struck back and appears to have pretty much destroyed a significant fuel port in Houthi territory in Yemen. I’ve seen reports attributing the strikes to Israel F-15s and F-35s. It would be interesting to know who consented to overflight for Israel to launch these hits.

KSA have no love for the Houthi and despite the protests, I sure the Government of Yemen is not that sad. The Houthi are bastards, they attack shipping, all while depending on foreign aid to feed their people. Without the port and the aid, the Houthi would become a minor irritant, locked up in the mountains with a dwindling supply of arms.

I don't live in fear of the IAF, funny if your country leaves Israel alone they leave your country alone.

The non-State Actor stuff is coming to a conflict near you(1500km).....
Can you elaborate?

If the Houthis did the same to an American asset, the US military would likely do the exact same. Remember - they fired cruise missiles at Houthi locations when they fired the first missiles in the Red Sea.

Yes. I'm less afraid of the increased risk of random violence as I am of the risk of major destabilization by eager and aggressive enemies of global stability. The Houtis can go ahead take out a café from 2000km, good job dudes, very impressive, now let's watch the IAF absolutely decimate a major port facility at the same range on short notice.

I'm not saying "I'm" more scared of the IAF then these long range drone, I'm saying that might and retribution of the IAF is far scarier than the drones.

As if ISR's government doesn't have enough internal agita on its plate these days ....

Yes. I'm less afraid of the increased risk of random violence as I am of the risk of major destabilization by eager and aggressive enemies of global stability. The Houtis can go ahead take out a café from 2000km, good job dudes, very impressive, now let's watch the IAF absolutely decimate a major port facility at the same range on short notice.

I'm not saying "I'm" more scared of the IAF then these long range drone, I'm saying that might and retribution of the IAF is far scarier than the drones.
Retribution is a language common to the region. The Israelis understand that. Israel accepted 200 attacks from them. At what point is enough, enough? Iran is playing all it's chips at once in a gamble it will wear down Israel and it's support. My guess is that most of the countries in the region are happy to have Israel take a chunk out of their ability to maintain control.

Canadian or "Canadian"?

More detail

Didn’t come from gaza, yelled in English. On a tourist visa. With a Canadian Passport.

So definitely a Canadian. No clue if he’s a dual citizen or not.

More detail

Didn’t come from gaza, yelled in English. On a tourist visa. With a Canadian Passport.

So definitely a Canadian. No clue if he’s a dual citizen or not.

Pop Tv Ronnielee GIF by Schitt's Creek

I find this incident interesting in that both CTV and CBC call this something in the nature of a "confrontation", while National Post call it an "attempt to stab". National Post backs this up with video which shows the individual lunging forward with the knife.

🍻

Back