• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Haircuts

Sig_Des said:
With the RSM chuckling and saying "Good Game" ?  ;D

or the person telling the RSM, they are a mm within regulations  ::) (seen it, it was hard to hold back laughing)

I challenged my RSM when he busted me for "not regulation" hair.. it did NOT go well (though no extras, just him reinforcing that HE was correct, not me)

As the SSM stands in front of the Sapper, looks him squarely in the eye & says "does it hurt"?
Sapper innocently asks "what hurts SSM"?
To whit the SSM replies "your hair man, your hair!", " I'm standing on it, it's so long!", "cut it!" "at once!"

As the RSM talks to the SSM and asks..... "what is that?"
quickly followed by... "fix it!"

I've heard shaving mentioned in this thread, which opens up a slot for my question:

My facial hair grows fast and it grows quick.  And as such, for the first few weeks I might have some difficulty.  Also, I'm a bit of a bleeder.  If I cut myself (which I surely will since I'll be in a hurry), it might not clot for a while.  What would be the best way to look "presentable" come inspection time, or just in general. I'm not looking for shortcuts or easy ways out (I'd like to do the whole process right, that's the whole point of doing it), but rather some tips you've picked up on your way.

Thanks!

22180600.jpg

I couldn't resist...

You should look into getting a Styptic Pen.

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-52,GGLG:en&q=Styptic+Pen

dileas

tess

OK I have to ask, "just what is she using for a nose"

The latest rage around here is seeing how long the sideburns can go before told to "fix it".  Normally in my neck of the woods that is a semi annual thing.  After being posted back in though I have noticed a few of my peer NCO's going for broke on the sideburn thing.  So far no peep from any CSM or RSM.  As for me I look shake my head and still direct my troops to keep it the min length.

As to the recruit haircuts.  I agree that hair length does not make the soldier historically or in the present.  But I do subscribe to the recruits need to get it cut off for uniformity.  Although our system is not so much of breaking a persons individuality as "other countries".  I personally think recruits should get a "buzz cut" and have it that way for a set period of time, and that would include Women, (religious grounds though is a can of worms I am not going near)  The goal of this is for people to get over who they were.  And since most identify with their hair....  After basic or even a trade Course then they can grow their hair to what the prescribed length is. 

I know this would never happen for more reasons then I have fingers, just a thought on it.  Personally I like my hair .5 on the sides and there is a thing as too long especially if deployed or in the Field for any length of time. 

Vern.... she has cleavage ?/!

I thought you said you didn't have any  ???

Check the dress regs.
Been a while since I had to conform but I would think that a 4 on the sides might be getting a little close to the ears....

Back