• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Grey Cup 2009

Best Grey Cup ever?

• 1989 - Sask over Hamilotn

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 1994- BC over Baltimore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know cause I am a loser who would rather watch the NFL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Todays Game: best Grey Cups ever?

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Can't believe the is not already here.

Being Saskatchewan born and raise, its Riders. But the smart fan I am, Montreal should win, but not by much. To win, Sask needs to play a perfect game, containing and controlling Calvillo. Something Baggs and Chick should be able to do.

This game is not going to be over until the final whistle

Edit: Kudo's to TSN and Glenn Suitor who are sending nods to us every chance they get.

And speaking of TSN...what a great bunch of coverage they have today.

Its a shame that CBC does not televise the Grey Cup anymore, but TSN coverage of the CFL is outstanding.

200919-3624.jpg
!

I'll take the Als by 10....but I think it's going to be a very high scoring game.

In other news, it's looking more and more like we're going to see the return of those "other" Rough Riders from Ottawa in 2013.  Where do I line up for season tickets? 

SFB said:
I think the Renegade name is still owned by Ottawa.

Perhaps, but I think the general concensus in Ottawawawawa these days is to revive the "Riders".

George Wallace said:
Perhaps, but I think the general concensus in Ottawawawawa these days is to revive the "Riders".
Only in Canada would you have a league of 8 teams, where two teams have the same name.    :brickwall:

Journeyman said:
Only in Canada would you have a league of 8 teams, where two teams have the same name.    :brickwall:

And just think, if the Ottawa Riders were in Thunder Bay, they'd probably be in the same conference as the Sask ones  ;D

MM

OK, my pregame prediction

SASK 36, MTL 34...  3 TDs, and 5 FG

(or the other way around)

Since I can't cheer for the Ti-Cats then I guess I am going to have to cheer for the Alouettes!!

Hmmmmm..................

Army............green

frogs...........green

US Dollars..........green

Grass................green

Riders.........green

is anyone seeing any connection here yet?...................waiting..................waiting.......................

Montreal is just lulling them into a false sense of security.  It's all in the game plan  ;D

Yeah, and no team this year knows better that Sask that the game is 4 quarters long.

Nice of Mtl to spot them 10 points by not showing up in the first quarter.

We are going to see a lot of Cahoon and Coborne now from Mtl.

More specific updates please !! Stuck at work in KAF no TV feed, live comp feed sucks.

Thanks in advance,

WrenchBender

Roughriders hold 14-3 lead in second quarter of Grey Cup
With time winding down in the first half, the Saskatchewan Roughriders have opened up a 14-3 lead over the Montreal Alouettes in the 97th Grey Cup at MacMahon Stadium in Calgary.

Luca Congi had an opportunity to get the Roughriders on the board early but his 42-yard field goal attempt sailed wide left. But he made amends on his second attempt, connecting from 40 yards out to give the Roughriders a 3-0 lead.

The usually high-powered Alouettes offence did not register a first down in their first three possessions. On their fourth possession, Anthony Calvillo fumbled the ball, Keith Shologan picked it up and rumbled down to 8-yard line. From there, Darian Durant hit Andy Fantuz for the touchdown for a 10-0 lead after the first quarter.

Early in the second quarter, Calvillo drove the Alouettes into enemy territory and Damon Duval put the Alouettes on the board with a 28-yard field goal. On the 8-play, 44-yard drive, Ben Cahoon became the all-time leading receiver in Grey Cup history.

Midway through the frame, the Alouettes were driving again before Kerry Carter was stripped of the ball. Roughies' linebacker Anton McKenzie scooped it up before going out of bounds for the second Alouettes turnover.

With time winding down in the first half, Congi converted on another field goal, this time from 44 yards out. Punter Louie Sakoda followed that up with a single point when Larry Taylor decided to take a knee on the kick-off.

On the injury front, Roughriders' leading receiver Weston Dressler is out with a broken leg and punter Jamie Boreham (neck) is out in favour of Sakoda, who played well in the West Final.

For the Alouettes, middle linebacker Shea Emry is in the lineup despite a knee injury and will rotate with Ramon Guzman.

In a poll on TSN.ca with over 20,000 votes, the Roughriders were the choice of 67% of CFL fans.

May I suggest to get the latest news at TSN.CA (http://www.tsn.ca/)

Back