• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

graduation day

keyvan25

Inactive
Reaction score
hi this is my first post on this website. i had a question about what to expect on bmq graduation. what are we supposed to do? do we have to one by one go to the officer and salute him? how long is the ceremony going to be? and basically anythinig else u guys think will help. thanks in advance

No need to jump the gun, your course staff will run you through the whole graduation parade before you graduate.

Yeah, don't worry it will all be covered.  You're not expected to go out there knowing how to do everything.  You will have many practices to get it all down pat.  If you have graduated, congrats.  If you're still on course or about to attend, give em hell and good luck.

actually im more worried about marching up to the officer saluting him in front of every one. are we going to do something like that?

The only way you will be saluting anyone on grad parade is if you receive an award, and there is only three to four per platoon, and you graduate with the entire company.  The parade is maybe an hour long, and the 11th week in BMQ is all clearing out and parade practice..............lots of parade practice.............mind numbing parade practice.

grayman said:
The parade is maybe an hour long, and the 11th week in BMQ is all clearing out and parade practice..............lots of parade practice.............mind numbing parade practice.

I believe you forgot "leg, toes, feet falling asleep on parade practice". ;D

As posted above, you will only be called up front if you win an award. If this applies to you don't worry you will practice it alot. Make sure your weapons drill is good, you do alot of present arms, shoulder arms and order arms on parade. As for foot drill, I hope you know some french  ;D Because its all called in french during the parade. I found that to be the hardest part for me, still nothing to worry about though they drill it into your head.

punkd said:
As for foot drill, I hope you know some french  ;D Because its all called in french during the parade.
Argh, I forgot about that policy.  Another "wtf?" policy if you ask me...which no one did but... :blotto:

Back