• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Government To Spend Money On New Tanks Despite Wage Freeze!!

Because C130s can land in out of the way ill maintained airfields with shorter runways.

Hmmmm and the last I heard combat was still occuring in Afghanistan.

Let me get this straight; from the article I read it seems that they‘re saying that this vehicle is just a light armoured, self-propelled 105. It doesn‘t seem (to me) that this is a replacement for a tank at all, and seems to be more of an artillery purchase rather than an armoured one. Thoughts?

Combat medic your spilling the beans, the arty is secretly taking over the CF, the light infantry thing was a good excuse until you opened a can of worms!

It‘s a direct fire support vehicle alright. It can‘t fire on the move, only accurate while stationary. Not a bad vehicle to have in ones arsenal, however not even close for a filler for our tanks. It would only be good as our light arty, employed in the light-direct fire role, only more mobile.

Doug...what are you basing those facts on? It is able to fire on the move, quite accuratly I might add. The REAL problem is it‘s not a tank at all. It also takes upwards of 4 hours to prep for ops after it gets in theater in the back of a Herc. The auto loading carosel has a problem as well, it jams at times. T&E exposed this in the states during trials. As for mobility, wheels over tracks? Speedy for sure. No protection at all for the crews in a fire fight.

The Armour Corps is going to have to re-write ALL of our doctran. The bloody CC can‘t even be up during firing! How is he supposed to watch for enemy when he‘s looking forward all the time. As far as I know it isn‘t equiped with a hunter/killer sight.

Regards

And so the story continue‘s,we all know at our level of the inad of this veh,yet we are not privy to all the info that we assume dnd/politician‘s have, so why are we purchasing this piece of crap? And how about giving voice to the people in charge? Those that are currently serving are somewhat tied but there must be a way. suggestion‘s? :mad:

Back