• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got phone call, all information, but a number I can't recognise

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigOpDraco

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

This afternoon I recieved my phone call from the CFRC in Toronto to get all my swearing in and course start information; but I also recieved a number I'm not 100% sure on.

I forgot to ask what it meant (doh'!) because usually I can recognise or my parents can recognise what the number stands for. I tried doing a search on the forums, but the search engine seems to be down as I keep getting a 'page cannot be displayed' in both my browsers.

In any case, I got all my dates.

Swearing in on the 19th of July at 8:30am.
Course start on the 7th of August.
Private Category 1

My trade choice was Signal Operator.

Again, the number was 40225

It sort of looks like a medical catagory but on second thought the CV (Colour Vision) number is zero and the Medical Standards pub only lists CV1 to CV3 so that doesn't make much sense.

Any medics/recruiters opinions?

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/policies/med_standards/engraph/cfp154_chap3_e.asp

D

PS  Why didn't you ask them on the phone or call them back...in fact it's only 1530 there now...why not call now.

I phoned them several minutes ago, but the two people involved with my...question...I guess are finished their shift. I left them a message.

I don't think it is medical, I just did mine yesterday and I received a 111225.  That is the best you can get.

P.S.  I am going for sigop as well.  See you in Kingstson possibly.

At first glance it does look like a medical category, but I've never seen a '0' tossed in before - having said that, I've seen them intentionally left blank for one reason or another pending review from a higher authority (command/area surg or DCIEM [DRDC].  Perhaps it's being reviewed by an ophthalmologist due to a borderline test result.  That's my best guess - don't take it as Gospel According to Medicineman though  ;D

MM

Hmmm I thought maybe it was the course number, but that's just a best guess

Do you always get a call from the CFRC? My buddy told me the unit calls. I'm just getting frustrated because I'm having a hell of a time reaching my recruiting sgt. I don't know whether to contact my unit or CFRC.
I finished everything in April and I still haven't heard anything yet.

carl_54 said:
Do you always get a call from the CFRC? My buddy told me the unit calls. I'm just getting frustrated because I'm having a hell of a time reaching my recruiting sgt. I don't know whether to contact my unit or CFRC.
I finished everything in April and I still haven't heard anything yet.

Call the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back