• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going to Basic

• Thread starter Thread starter CF reserves
  • Start date Start date
OK, thanks. I will have to work on that, I don't have the strongest grip, need to work on grip

:warstory:Well back in 77 yada yada it was let's say "quite an experience" that I would not want to repeat. Actually it rates second after my CLC (whatever they call it now) But right frame of mind will get it done.

Jonathan said:
OK, thanks. I will have to work on that, I don't have the strongest grip, need to work on grip

forearm wrist curls
hand grip devices

Basic is meant to be a challenge and transition from civilian life to military for the "average" Canadian citizen.  As for the comments about it being easy or hard or whatever, that says something about each person who commented.  I went thru Cornwallis in '89.  Things were different then, maybe harder in some ways, maybe easier in some.  So what.  Its Step 1 of a mulit-step program to turn a civie into a trained service person, in their trade.  Right? 

I did my PLQ (then called CLC) in '93 and it was WAY different than it is now.  Better in some ways, worse in others.  Neither is, was or will be perfect...I think we can all agree on that.

My advice?  Sleep when you can, don't screw people over, shoot the foot, drive the body, take pride in the uniform, learn to serve.  The rest will fall in place.

"UP 6 DOWN 12" in every thing you do.

Your SQ and DP1 trades course will turn you into whatever Corps  you join needs you to be.  If they can't or you won't, then you will be getting your job at McDonalds back.  Simple.

Back