• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gnr Keyes-Oliver - 30 Fd Regiment - Killed in Training Accident in Petawawa - 25 Oct 08

Yesterday I attended the funeral of Gnr Keyes-Oliver.

For someone so young, the eulogies told of a great life she had lived in just 19 short years. Truly at this ceremony, her life was celebrated. It would be no stretch to say that she will be missed by many.

I never met Arielle, but the whole ceremony was incredibly touching. I've watched ramp ceremonies from Afghanistan on TV, seen footage of military funerals, but seeing her flag-draped casket but a few feet in front of me really brought a lot home. The loss her family, friends, and the Regiments have suffered cannot be quantified by words alone.

RIP, Gunner. Stand easy, Mission over.

Condolences to Family, Friends and Colleagues of Gunner Keyes-Oliver.

A great loss to Her Loved Ones, Community and Country.

We will not forget her ...  :cdn:

Excuse the late reply, but I wanted to post on this one and haven't been around for a while.
I didn't know her, but a lot of my friends from home did.  From what I've heard, and the pictures that were forwarded to me our mutual friends via email, she was a bright, pretty young woman who brought warmth into the peoples' lives around her.  Truly a tragic loss, I know my friends have been deeply impacted by it.
RIP Gunner
you'll be missed Arielle  :cdn:

Back