• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Glow-in-the-dark lamps made from dead JELLYFISH

• Thread starter Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date Start date
J

jollyjacktar

I want one.  Full story and photos at link.  Shared under the usual provisions.

Glow-in-the-dark lamps made from dead JELLYFISH (and don't worry, they died of natural causes)
By Deborah Arthurs

PUBLISHED: 16:09 GMT, 12 March 2012 | UPDATED: 16:10 GMT, 12 March 2012

Could this be the best ever use for a deceased jellyfish? A bright spark has found an ingenious use for the corpses of the sea creatures: making them into glow-in-the-dark lamps.  U.S. firm The Amazing Jellyfish take the bioluminescent bodies of creatures that have died of natural causes and encase them in resin, thus preserving not just their bodies, but also their incredible glow-in-the-dark properties.  Thanks to the phosphur proteins in their bodies - part of the defence mechanism that they use to frighten predators - jellyfish absorb light naturally, and emit it with an ethereal blueish glow when under darkened conditions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2113917/Glow-dark-lamps-dead-JELLYFISH.html#ixzz1ovharmzN

Damn, I can set up a cottage industry at my cottage next summer. Wonder how much royalties these dudes would want.

Dead stuff: on my beach!  :o

(and don't worry, they died of natural causes)

Well.........if you take them out of the water naturally they will die..... ;D

I want to see a couple in my house...... and maybe even one or two in the pool!

I need one.  Not just want....need.  Soooooo cool.  ;D

Back