• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gardiners1 - My Journey Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry to hear it didn't work out...

Today, I got a small taste of what you possibly feel like. I went and did my CFAT, passed with no problem, and was ready to book my medical. The clerk said:
-Fine, let's do it December 5th.
-(To myself) A week from now ? Great !!
-Oh, wait a sec...
-(To myself again) Oh oh, doesn't sound good...
-Nah, sorry buddy, but the two trades you applied for (which, btw, were advertised as being in demand just 4 weeks ago) have just been closed. They are filled. Please choose something else, or else you can't do your medical...

So, I go see a recruter in the other room to choose another trade. However, because I now know that my vision is V4 (I can't even see the first big letter E on the eye chart), I find out that there is nothing else in demand for which I would be qualified (an Arts degree sucks). Sooo, my file is gone gathering dust on some desk until something appropriate opens up again, in maybe several months, a year, nobody knows.

I know I've not been completely disqualified as you have been, but I still share your disappointment for not being able to pursue the career you want so badly. I still have shot however, albeit a long one. I'm going to start working on it tomorrow.

Now that this journey has come to an end perhaps this thread can be closed off.  Gardiners1 good luck. Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back