• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I suspect there is no reserve training happening anywhere near the protests.
Cartier Square Drill Hall is close by. One of the fuel depots and shack that they built was near there. It’s about 10 tmins walking distance to where things are happening.

There are no LAVS at CSDH. They can barely park any real green fleet there. If LAVS aware anywhere near the protest it would be noticed. Not something you can hide in Downtown Ottawa.

The reason I ask is that few people asked me about things. They said they saw big green scary tank like thingies with wheels in the area. It was a LAV by their description. I was trying to tell them that no orders have been sent.

I told them just regular and/or reserve training. Nothing to get worked up about.

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

Seen in Essex County. I asked if 4 or 8 wheels? I got big green tank thingy. Lol

Plus Windsor at one point had a Grizzy but I think they were getting a Bearcats too

Well well. Things move fast the website Give Send Go has dumped the money into a new formed American non-profit "Incorporated Human Rights and Freedom 2022 and Freedom Association." They have purchased crypto to send to the Canadian truckers.

More proof that Canada is a global leader ;)

‘Snowball effect’: Canada’s trucker convoy sparks anti-mandate protests globally​

The so-called “Freedom Convoy” protest movement against COVID-19 vaccine mandates that has paralyzed the Canadian capital and spilled over to key Canada-U.S. border crossings has gained global momentum, with similar demonstrations popping up in other parts of the world.
70c8fc80

Since Jan. 28, a convoy of vehicles, mostly trucks, has been parked around Parliament Hill, disrupting traffic in Ottawa’s downtown core.
READ MORE: ‘Incredibly scary’: How Canada’s trucker convoy protest is galvanizing the American right

Many in the hundreds of vehicles have vowed to stay until all COVID-19 restrictions, including mask and vaccination mandates, are lifted.
As the Canadian truckers — many with families and children — continue to clog Ottawa’s streets, anti-vaccine mandate protests in several other countries have also picked up steam.

Kerry Bowman, a professor of bioethics and global health at the University of Toronto, said the Canadian trucker protest resonates with people around the world.

“There’s a lot of pent-up frustration and it’s resonating not just around the country, but it’s resonating globally,” he told Global News.
However, he is concerned about how the movement is portraying Canada on the global stage and the impact this could potentially have on the COVID-19 pandemic response.

“What I worry about is will it erode the … the acceptance of public health intervention in the future if in fact the pandemic continues or …. if we have another pandemic someday within our lifetime,” Bowman said.

Inspired by the Canadian truckers, French protesters set out from southern France on Wednesday in what they call a “freedom convoy” that will converge on Paris and Brussels — headquarters of the European Union — to demand an end to COVID-19 restrictions.

Well well. Things move fast the website Give Send Go has dumped the money into a new formed American non-profit "Incorporated Human Rights and Freedom 2022 and Freedom Association." They have purchased crypto to send to the Canadian truckers.
Sorta-kinda similar sounding non-profit formed in Canada end of January, too ....
So there is a new non-profit: Freedom 2022 Human Rights and Freedoms. It was just incorporated on January 31, 2022. It appears to be similar to the name of the group identified in the US website/crowdfunding platform GiveSendGo to be the recipient of the funds raised for the “Freedom Convoy 2022″ namely ‘Incorporated Freedom 2022 Human Rights And Freedom Association”. Not sure if it is the same group.

If you want to search the Federal registry for Canadian Federal non-profits you can do so at:
Search for a Federal Corporation - Online Filing Centre - Corporations Canada - Corporations - Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
I did a Canada-wide NUANS name search for Freedom 2022 and this was the only name that came up.

Here is information from the Federal government’s list of Federal corporations:
Federal Corporation Information - 1372685-1 - Online Filing Centre - Corporations Canada - Corporations - Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada

(...)
🍿
More proof that Canada is a global leader

‘Snowball effect’: Canada’s trucker convoy sparks anti-mandate protests globally ....​

Russia's Pravda agrees (links to archived version of article)
The protests that Canadian truckers and their supporters arranged against mandatory vaccinations and lockdowns in Canada has attracted global attention.

Similar movements appear in Australia, Great Britain, New Zealand, in France. The governments of many Western countries have turned their vaccination campaigns against COVID-19 into a war against the unvaccinated ...

“What I worry about is will it erode the … the acceptance of public health intervention in the future if in fact the pandemic continues or …. if we have another pandemic someday within our lifetime,” Bowman said.
Perhaps the public health experts, and governments should have considered how their messaging undermined public acceptance of their interventions*, or thought a bit harder about the severity and frequency of the the interventions being used.

People can accept hardship when there is a clear goal, or end state. When things aren't well communicated, and there seems to be no end, people get angry.

*I love the euphemism for government coercion.

Perhaps the public health experts, and governments should have considered how their messaging undermined public acceptance of their interventions*, or thought a bit harder about the severity and frequency of the the interventions being used.

People can accept hardship when there is a clear goal, or end state. When things aren't well communicated, and there seems to be no end, people get angry.

*I love the euphemism for government coercion.
I think many of agree the government has gotten a D- at best when it comes to how it delivered its message during the pandemic

Back