• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

food in your cadets

• Thread starter Thread starter rangers
  • Start date Start date
R

rangers

when you huys have sleep overs or are out in the bush, what do you usuallty eat? this is because i was bored and we eat I.M.P or pizza.

Perhaps people would reply to your question if it actually made sense. You need to read over what you write before you post it.

:cdn:

I think he's asking what meals are provided on exercise by your officers for your corps.

condor888000 said:
Various good food, IMPS occasionally.........mostly fresh stuff though.
With us it's typically IMPs, box lunches (usually only when travelling), and hayboxes.

I think thats all that is really necessary.  I stopped in to see another corps (on advance party) that was staying at Blackdown and they had snack foods out for when their cadets arrived .... items like chips, cookies, juice, etc .... in my opinion this takes away from the field aspect of training.

IMP's hay boxes~ anyways i rember back in CL we went out on a nav excerise to get our food...it was soo awsome because then it got everyone to participate

Zedic_1913 said:
With us it's typically IMPs, box lunches (usually only when travelling), and hayboxes.

I think thats all that is really necessary.   I stopped in to see another corps (on advance party) that was staying at Blackdown and they had snack foods out for when their cadets arrived .... items like chips, cookies, juice, etc .... in my opinion this takes away from the field aspect of training.

Geeze man even us reg force guys get snack food in the field on occasion.  ;D

I have no problem with snack food .... this was prepared for them immeadiatly after they got off the bus and arrived at the camp, that I felt was a bit extreme.

well normally we have IMPs, but one of our officers has a cook trailer, with a nice grill on it, and a couple burners...so sometimes we'll get pancakes and eggs and whatnot for breakfast

or sometimes we'll stay at the Scouts Canada camp and use their kitchen  ;D

a couple times we've had Pac Region send us a box of Kosher American MREs (Meal Ready to Eat....AKA Foreign IMPs) and those are actually pretty entertaining...

Depends on where we are.. We went to Rattle Snake Point and they had food going on all night, like soup and jube jubes ect.. But that was a multi corps activity and the other corps were providing it.. Our corps mostly eats IMPs, Box lunches and hay Boxes in the bush.. When we're at home in the armouries we eat IMPs and pizza.. Occasionally the seniors go for a Tim Hortons Coffee run..

I don't think our corps could live without a daily Timmie's run from the armouries to Tim's and back....
*cough Butterfield and Flynn cough* lol...Timmie's is better than the pop we have!!

Yea...the bush usually consists of IMP (but currently they are over in Iraq) so we have echelon cook for us and box lunches the day we leave. The box lunches aren't that bad (it's like being in grade 2 when you eat them though with everyone going around.."Want to trade this for that?"), neither is the echelon food if it's hot! in the winter it all went cold within 5 minutes so we had to eat FAST! I've only had IMP's once but i so DO N OT want to eat them anymore!! If I was starving maybe but i wouldn't voluntarily eat them!! :P

Mmmhmmm...and entire Forces worth of IMP's stashed somewhere in Iraq when there are not officially CDN Troops fighting in a combat role in said country?

I am raising the BS Flag on this one.

I'm sure C/CWO Zedic is currently the acting RSM of JTF-2 and is running around killing saddam clones like rambo ::)

It is..but...I'm busy battling ferocious monkeys in Cambodia...theyre much stronger than militants ;)

armygurl_557 said:
Depends on where we are.. We went to Rattle Snake Point and they had food going on all night, like soup and jube jubes ect.. But that was a multi corps activity and the other corps were providing it..
The RSM of that corps told me about that weekend as well .... your referring to the same corps I was in my previous post.

.canadas.finest. said:
I don't think our corps could live without a daily Timmie's run from the armouries to Tim's and back....
*cough Butterfield and Flynn cough* lol...Timmie's is better than the pop we have!!
It is not necessary to name specific NCOs on an internet forum, I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate it.

.canadas.finest. said:
so we have echelon cook for us and box lunches the day we leave.
The echelon in our corps does not cook the meals, they simply pick them up from the base mess hall where they are prepared.

.canadas.finest. said:
Yea...the bush usually consists of IMP (but currently they are over in Iraq)
Kyle Burrows said:
I am raising the BS Flag on this one.
".canadas.finest." you should check your facts before you start posting .... things you hear may not necessarily be true.   To correct what was said ... the IMPs we had ordered for one of our FTXs were sent with the DART as tsunami relief to Sri Lanka .... NOT to Iraq.

Kyle Burrows said:
I'm sure C/CWO Zedic is currently the acting RSM of JTF-2 and is running around killing saddam clones like rambo ::)
It seems my secret is out .... I mean .... um .... er ... "whats JTF-2?"

That FTX at Rattlesnake had too much food, I swear I had to get a guard up to get my cadets to stop taking all that candy, they were going to get some pretty crazy sugar highs.

Zedic_1913 said:
The echelon does not cook the meals, they simply pick them up from the base mess hall where they are prepared.

You may not be aware- some echelons have a flying kitchens, where they, surprise surprise cook the food. If you are being specific to your unit, then say so, because you sounded, mmmmm less informed when you make a generic statement like that.

Back