• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Few questions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zensunni

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the boards, so please forgive if this is in the wrong place or has been asked and answered before.

I'm in my final year of high school and plan on joining the Canadian Forces. In fact this month on the 21st I take my CFAT/interview/ physical etc etc in Winnipeg ...  ;D . I just have a few questions.

1) I have heard that afterwards it can take from two months to a year for a job. I plan on joining the infantry and was curious if the amount of time to find out for a job is shorter than other trades.

2) I have read elsewhere that you can specify which regiment you would like to enter. Are you garanteed to go to the one you choose? And .. if I were to choose the PPCLI for example, would I also get to specify Alberta or Manitoba?

3) How difficult is it to keep a relationship while joining the Army?

4) I've been told that basic math skills are essential for preparing for the CFAT. What should I prepare for?

5) Last question ... During the interview, what kind of questions can I expect to be asked?

:salute:  :cdn:

"5) Last question ... During the interview, what kind of questions can I expect to be asked?"

Well, for starters, they might ask you where the Heck Gillam, Manitoba is.  :-)

Tom

do a search on all of those things, there are MANY posts about each of them...

but .. first of all, are you going reserve or regular?

1. it depends on your job.. you have to finish training and your QL's before you will be offered a job.. once again it really depends on the trade and the job you are applying for

2. i have never heard of anyone NOT getting the regiment they applied for - you apply for employment at a regiment, and your file will eventually be sent to the regiment. the best thing to do is really apply directly at the regiment itself, as it seems to be more efficient than the recruiting center overall

3. depends on if you are regular or reserve

4. you dont need to prepare for the CFAT. there is no real way you can... and no real reason to.

5. why you are joining the army, what are your goals in the army, what the canadian army is a part of (treaty and peacekeeping organizations), any drug use in the past, your relationship with family etc, past jobs, etc. its exactly like a job interview, because thats what it is

good luck :salute:

HaHa .... for starters ... middle of nowhere  :P

Roughly 3 hours NE of Thompson in Northern Manitoba.

Here's something I quicky googled

Click Map 13

All the answers to your questions will be found in the Recruiting Forum. Check there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back