• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Famous Pictures

Jeff85

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm looking for two famous pictures that i have been unable to find, the first one is from the 1990's (during the riot or whatever you want to call it) and its a canadian solder face to face with man in a cover from his eyes down, the second is a picture when the 4 canadian were killed by friendly fire and its a lone soldier standing by their tribute their helemts on their rifles with the canadian flag at half mass, i would appreciate any links to this photo or possibily an email of them, thanks a lot.

Jeff85 said:
Hey guys i'm looking for two famous pictures that i have been unable to find, the first one is from the 1990's (during the riot or whatever you want to call it) and its a canadian solder face to face with man in a cover from his eyes down

This 'riot' you are speaking of is generally known as the Oka crisis and there are two very well known pictures that stick to your description:

a) Pte. Patrick Cloutier of the 22e staring Brad 'Freddy Krueger' Larocque each other in the white of the eyes; and

b) Ronald 'Lasagne' (or 'Lasagna') Cross staring at a Van Doo, with media all around them

Google is your friend: both and be found easily by googling the following words: 'Pte. Patrick Cloutier' 'Ronald Lasagne' 'Oka Crisis' etc. Or, if too lazy to google it yourself, both can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oka_Crisis.

As for the picture relating to the friendly fire incident, I can't help you.

Damn, and I was about to say "Google is your friend."

Damn you mcchartman! Damn yoooooou!

Edit: typo

Wow... some of the photos from that link are amazing! Thanks for sharing it!

CST

Frederik G said:
Damn, and I was about to say "Google is your friend."

Yeah.. but if you try to google

riot in the 1990's with a Canadian guy

which is pretty much his description...  funny how you might not get the result.

Step 1. Go on google, find what the "riot" was about.
Step 2. Go on wikipedia, find the article about the "riot." If the picture isn't there, go back to google.
Step 3. Get the exact picture you want.

There is a news clip on Oka(including the scene your looking for) here: http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-99-581/conflict_war/oka/clip7

Matt

perfect thats one of the pics, its small but i can make due, i really want the other, i ahve only seen it in a tribute video, i would appreciate any info, thanks.

Here's a bigger version.

(click the thumbnail for full size)

Back