• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Facial Armour... Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had fogging proglems with the mask.

I do find it a little strange aiming with though.

Da_man said:
Yeah impossible to aim with that ****** on.  Also funny hpw they say "scratch-resistant polycarbonate" in the link poted above... cuz the masks ive used had so many scratch on them you could hardly see anything

scratch resistant =/= scratch proof

J. Gayson said:
I've never had fogging proglems with the mask.

You have to move around and shoot - just sitting there won't do it!  :D

Synthos said:
scratch resistant =/= scratch proof

Probably the same coting that is on the ballistic glasses; I find that they fog up more then the simulation/paintball (my units new way to train) masks.

Pte.Pinky said:
... would you ever have a need for it in the AF? ;)

Standing underneath a helicopter doing slung loads.
Keeping FOD from away from my face while doing and Engines Running on/off load..(ERO)
Hanging out a Herc waiting for some guys to jump out of the plane.
Going downtown to pickup some inane IOR at the airport.
masking my face when i am kicking the living crap out of someone like you.
To keep some overbearing Army dude off my case when I suddenly find myself deployed in a sea of green.
To cover with peanut butter using it like a salt lick.
using it as a chip bowl
using it to take Ice from the ice machine to my hotel room
keeping spare change in so the cleaning lady in my hotel room doesn't take it.
to keep my tooth brush in in the bathroom of my hotel room...
to keep my hotel room key in....
make your mom wear while I am doing her in my hotel room....
make Aesop wear while he watches me do your mom in my hotel room.......
Eat cereal from it while I watch cartoons from my hotel room....

The list goes on...

What would you need it for in your unit... :-*

OK, Mover, I'm following you on everything except this one?  ???

to keep my hotel room key in...

?Que? 

Must be nice!....(I know, I know...you'll give me some sob story abour how the taxi got you late to P.au.Prince Arpt, etc...) >:D

Cheers, M1!  :cheers:

Duey

DUEY YOU KNOW HIS MOM TOO!!!!!! :o

Actually the cabbie piked me up on the street with a broken ankle in Crete. Not that I noticed till the next morning...(too drunk to realize it hurt)
Woke up, got out of bed  * smack*  i fall on the floor. Pull my boot on,tie it up real tight,  get on the airbus, Fall asleep, next thing I know I am getting a cast done in Geilenkirchen. What a way to end a 6 month tour
I could have slipped at the pool or in the bar of the hotel...but on the street in Crete. Talk about bad timing.
As for Body armour the only time it came out of my Barracks Box was when I got a nice picture of the hotel staff making my bed in body armour and my helmet....thats the truth....

I am off to Italy next week...to watch cartoons in a hotel....

Well, I guess I stand corrected.

I supposed at my unit I'd need one to protect my beautiful face from an AF guy that can't take a joke :P

Pte.Pinky said:
I supposed at my unit I'd need one to protect my beautiful face from an AF guy that can't take a joke :P

by "protect", you mean hide....and by "beautiful", you mean ugly, and by "from an AF guy that can't take a joke", you mean for the good of unit mental safety, right?

>:D

Dude you will never finde such a creature...
all us Airforce guys take jokes well...
Infact I have a few on liners here that are quite laughable see what you think.

AIRLIFT  ;D
AIR POWER  ::)
Tactical AIRLIFT :blotto:
Aircraft Servicability :)
Air Superiority  :blotto:
Sea king  :dontpanic:

See we in the Airforce are full of humour... don't take a classy rebuttal as a personal attack, everything is all in fun.

mover1 said:
Dude you will never finde such a creature...
all us Airforce guys take jokes well...
Infact I have a few on liners here that are quite laughable see what you think.

AIRLIFT  ;D
AIR POWER  ::)
Tactical AIRLIFT :blotto:
Aircraft Servicability :)
Air Superiority  :blotto:
Sea king  :dontpanic:

See we in the Airforce are full of humour... don't take a classy rebuttal as a personal attack, everything is all in fun.

It's all cool with me man 8)

It could have been worse, Mover could have used a japanese word that starts with 'B' in his list..... :-\

Duey

I NEVER THOUGHT OF BUKKAE or BUKkAKE or however yuu want to pronounce it....Duey you dirty dog...I like your train of thought

Bonsai....what's wrong with bonsai...except that the little needles of the trees can poke you in the face, hence the need for a facial guard...

Mover...you've got me all wrong!  >:D

Cheers,
Duey

You know the actual Japanese meaning is a type ofnoodle preparation.  Look it up on Wikipedia

Sorry Duey I guess when we will just have to pretend we don't know each other the next time we are standing in a line...or a circle....or a group.... :clown:

Well, this one has sufficiently declined to the point where a lock is suitable.
If someone has any real contribution on the subject of face shield, approach a Mod.
Don't be surprised if one of the Mods takes a few minutes to remove all of the extraneous discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back