• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

F.A.S.T M4 - A magazine for magazines... Different concept

Thorvald

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is something I stumbled upon recently, different take on magazine pouches... put the mags in a mag.  Videos etc on the site.

I6, it's a toy for you!

http://www.stractech.com/fast.html

F.A.S.T. = Fast And Smooth Transition

The modular F.A.S.T. System is the fastest reloading device in the world.  It allows the operator to
negotiate continuous sub-2 second reloads while keeping their weapon and eyes trained on the
threat.  Muscle memory is accomplished in a very short period of time.

One F.A.S.T. System holds up to 3 standard M-4 magazines and can be worn on either side of the
torso.  An optional adapter will be available soon that will increase this capacity to 4 standard M-4
magazines.  The optional adapter will be available in the fall of 2008.

unit2-331x283.jpg

od_unit-333x234.jpg

Farmboy said:
CTOMS Inc. is bringing this into Canada  ;D

That smiley means sarcasm....cause thats not "the" FAST CTOMS is bringing in.

And while it looks cool, I can't see any practical application within the military for this device. Perhaps the shooters who compete in those "combat shoots" can find use for it.

Methinks this is a bit gimmicky, and too much go-gadget-go, "go-go gadget FAST mag", does not look soldier proof to me. Possibly a K-Tel or Ronco product?

I'll stick to what I have.  ;D the good ole generic mag pouches (holds 10 mags) on my 'SADF' DPCU M83 webbing.

Is that guy wearing US Army armour over CADPAT AR?
http://www.stractech.com/index.html

I don't know.  It looks more like our's.

US_Desert_MARPAT.JPG

MARPAT

I did notice the 'AIRSOFT' adapters available on the website, so I think I rest my case.

For all we know that pic is CADPAT 'style' AR bought from Ebay, and taken in the US.

I did notice the ACU ECBA, so he might a contractor or something, if the photo is real??

Who knows.

Of all the USMC I seen in country ( and there were many), I never saw any wearing US Army kit.

Have a look at his fu-man-chu moustache too. Hummmmm. Of all the Jarheads I seen, their hair was always high and tight or shaven off, and so were their mo's always regulation. However coming off a mission, they were duty and dirty, and in need of a shave, but nothing as 'hollywood LCF' as that guy's mo.

He is just some clown in a picture,it doesn't matter.This mag thingy is pure 100% BS from the looks of it

hmmm... After considering things like; cover, firing positions, mass/space vs. capacity...  this thing seems a little silly.

Its a Magazine magazine... 

All of the "Fast" loading is done in the standing... how different would it be in any other fire position, especially prone.  What about use of cover in various fire positions? This things seems okay if you're standing, facing the enemy in a fighting position, but I don't think its useful much beyond that.

And what happens in a catastrophic failure?  You have 3 mags fired across the battlefield and a stainless steal spring hanging from your rig... I'll pass, thanks.

It's also kinda big...  especially for only carrying 3 mags.  So. to carry the same mag capacity with this as I have in Op, I'd need 5 of these... hmmm... not practical.  Even if this was just used for "quick reaction shooting, in prolonged "close in" fighting, where I could see the need for fast mag changes, it hardly seems worth the mass....  But that's just me.

Besides all that, as pointed out, dude on the site with the Fu manchu just looks like clown shoes, the video on the side really doesn't show much about the system and the instructional video looks like it was filmed with a cell phone in a basement.

As well;
Wesley  Down Under said:
I did notice the 'AIRSOFT' adapters available on the website, so I think I rest my case.

Wesley  Down Under said:
Methinks this is a bit gimmicky, and too much go-gadget-go, "go-go gadget FAST mag", does not look soldier proof to me. Possibly a K-Tel or Ronco product?

Yeah... exactly.  All the vedio needs is some big, hyper dude yelling... like the dude who does THESE commercials...

Seemed like an interesting idea, but in retrospect, it just seems a little too... well... cheap and possibly ineffective.

Piper: I agree with you that it seems rather large given the limited capacity. I'd think you'd still have to carry standard mag pouches to reload your magazine's magazine when it runs out :p

This has been beaten to death on lightfighter.net (here)  ;D they didn't think it was that good of an idea.

MCG said:
Is that guy wearing US Army armour over CADPAT AR?
http://www.stractech.com/index.html

Yes, that's AR CADPAT he's wearing, you can tell by the large "pinkish" patches shown which is not on the MARPAT uniform.

It's actually quite a stupid idea.

I have yet to see a self-respecting operator, soldier, airman/woman, Marine to come out and said they've used it. Now... that might just mean they're a closet FAST used but somehow I doubt that VERY much.

I happen to know someone who was suckered into the hype of this POS and bought one, I'll see if I can get ahold of it and do some range work....I predict failure on a massive scale.

MG34 said:
I happen to know someone who was suckered into the hype of this POS and bought one, I'll see if I can get ahold of it and do some range work....I predict failure on a massive scale.

If you get the chance to play with it, please post some pics and a review.   

I don't have a lot of faith in the idea of a magazine magazine, but ya never know... obviously someone thinks it's a good idea.

If we are thinking of the same person he bought the ITW FAST Mag.  About the same size as a single shingle.
fastmags_cutout2.jpg

Different from the STRAC  F.A.S.T.  Mag
STRAC_Technologies_FAST_System_1.jpg

Back