• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EX Maple Flag 2012

WingsofFury

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's a couple from this past week, the Super Hornets from NAS Lemoore have arrived and the Singapore Vipers are due in this weekend.  One week down, one to go.  Will post a few more when I can, please feel free to make requests for any aircraft related photos.  Cheers!

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Worth mentioning for anyone not in the know - the a/c above is the Mirage 2000 from France.  Great guys to work with.

MrDy3r said:
Worth mentioning for anyone not in the know - the a/c above is the Mirage 2000 from France.  Great guys to work with.

More specifically, the first 2 photographs are Mirage 2000C and the last 2 are Mirage 2000D.

And boy are they loud. Running under their departure path is fun!

Heff18 said:
And boy are they loud. Running under their departure path is fun!

Yep.  You could tell when they were taking off anywhere in KAF.  And KAF is a big place.

WingsofFury said:
Here's a couple from this past week, the Super Hornets from NAS Lemoore have arrived and the Singapore Vipers are due in this weekend.  One week down, one to go.  Will post a few more when I can, please feel free to make requests for any aircraft related photos.  Cheers!

Can you grab some of the Alphas?  ;D

You could even watch a French low level airshow in KAF.  An errant missile departed an airframe from the French Quarter, landing near the exit of Charlie Ramp.  It was quite entertaining!  The propellent burned for a few seconds after impact, putting on a fine display. Happily, no injuries or damage.

Here's a few more of the jet fleet, if anyone is interested in transports and helicopters please post and I'll accommodate.

F/A-18E Super Hornet from VFA-86 at NAS Lemoore

IMG_2699.jpg

Republic of Singapore Air Force F-16C Block 52 from the 425th Fighter Squadron out of Luke AFB

IMG_2735.jpg

Republic of Singapore Air Force F-16D Block 52 from the 425th Fighter Squadron out of Luke AFB

IMG_2764.jpg

Fresh out of the paint shop, a CF-18 from 409 Squadron playing Red Air

IMG_3072.jpg

And finally, a beauty of an Alpha Jet from Top Aces

IMG_3175.jpg

WingsofFury said:
Here's a few more of the jet fleet, if anyone is interested in transports and helicopters please post and I'll accommodate.

Yes please!  ;D Any of the transport craft and/or attack helicopters (if they are there) would be sweet. These pictures are beautiful by the way, great job.

Here we go...start with the Hercs.

RAF Special Forces C-130H

IMG_2568.jpg

RAF Special Forces C-130J

IMG_0917.jpg

Brazilian C-130H

IMG_0800.jpg

CC-130H (T)

IMG_0534.jpg

CC-130J Super Hercules

IMG_1842.jpg

Other propellors....

CH-146 Griffon w/ .50 Cal mounted

IMG_1583.jpg

French Armee de l'Air C160 Transall

IMG_2671.jpg

And now a couple of heavies...

French Armee de l'Air E-3F Sentry

IMG_1300.jpg

RCAF CC-150T Polaris

IMG_3108.jpg

eurowing said:
You could even watch a French low level airshow in KAF.  An errant missile departed an airframe from the French Quarter, landing near the exit of Charlie Ramp.  It was quite entertaining!  The propellent burned for a few seconds after impact, putting on a fine display. Happily, no injuries or damage.

I wonder if this may have been the same French pilot who dropped a 200 lb bomb on CANBAT II in 1995?  ::)

WingsofFury said:
RAF Special Forces C-130H

IMG_2568.jpg

The correct designation for the RAF's legacy SF Hercules aircraft is Hercules C.3A (or also C-130K). They are essentially a C-130H, however. I'm not sure if there remains any Hercules C.1s in service with the SF flight ( short version of the C-130K)

rnkelly said:
^Looks like a C6 on the Griffon, not the GAU .50 Cal.

Was told that they were practicing with a .50 Cal, but if you tell me it isn't, I'll believe you as my knowledge of firearms isn't good at all. :)

CDN Aviator said:
The correct designation for the RAF's legacy SF Hercules aircraft is Hercules C.3A (or also C-130K). They are essentially a C-130H, however. I'm not sure if there remains any Hercules C.1s in service with the SF flight ( short version of the C-130K)

I believe it would come down to which ones have been stretched and which ones haven't been, I'll take a gander at some other photos later today to figure it out.  It was also neat to learn about the defensive aids sub-system (DASS) and the suite of sensor systems as part of a Enhanced Vision System - makes me wonder if such things may come into existence for any future JSF type airframe use....

WingsofFury said:
I believe it would come down to which ones have been stretched and which ones haven't been,

Both the "stretched" and "short" are C-130Ks ( shorts are C.1 and stretched are C.3).

CDN Aviator said:
Both the "stretched" and "short" are C-130Ks ( shorts are C.1 and stretched are C.3).

My bad, I apologize.  Tonight I'm going to try to id whether the one in the picture is a stretched C.3 as opposed to a short C.1.  The RAF website about 47 Squadron just mentions that the plane is used, but not whether it was used by SF Flight.

WingsofFury said:
My bad, I apologize.  Tonight I'm going to try to id whether the one in the picture is a stretched C.3 as opposed to a short C.1. 

Your photograph is C-130K Hercules C.3A, serial XV214.

Back