• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Etiquette classes in BMQ

An old Naval Officer's etiquette manual suggested that gin was to be drunk at lunch, as others couldn't smell it on your breath.  Brilliant.

Dimsum said:
An old Naval Officer's etiquette manual suggested that gin was to be drunk at lunch, as others couldn't smell it on your breath.  Brilliant.
And i thought it was double vodka and coke!  :facepalm:

Of all my years in I don't really remember being rushed at meal times on any course. I always make sure my courses, and staff understand the importance of meal time. Maybe it is just and Armour thing.

About the only etiquite I recall on courses was washing hands before eating.  I know senior NCOs and Officers eat last in the field and I always took whatever IMP was given me by the troops, If they liked me I didn't get Beans and Wieners (they knew I hated that one). 

The only etiquette they taught us was "Take your f****** hat off in the mess!!"

The only time (to my recollection) that our DS in Cornwallis used the term "etiquette" (which was unlikely) or "good manners" was after one of them happened upon a recruit (who did stay long on course) alone in the communal showers in breach of a basic rule of etiquette.  Afterwards our NCO (MCpl Graves, if I remember correctly) told us it was not polite to either urinate or masturbate in the showers.  He used other language of course.

Blackadder1916 said:
The only time (to my recollection) that our DS in Cornwallis used the term "etiquette" (which was unlikely) or "good manners" was after one of them happened upon a recruit (who did stay long on course) alone in the communal showers in breach of a basic rule of etiquette.  Afterwards our NCO (MCpl Graves, if I remember correctly) told us it was not polite to either urinate or masturbate in the showers.  He used other language of course.

Earl Graves, RCR MCpl?

Earl is a very good friend's (from Cornwallis, QL3, Postings, QL6, etc) father-in-law.  Quite the character, still plugging along in retirement.

Back