• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ETA of files return from Borden?

Well, I just got "the letter", My medical went to Borden early February.  They said my "asthma" was the reason, but it's retarded, all the things they asked for me to do to appeal it, were EXACTLY the same things that I had my doctor fill out for them in February (assessment, potential limitations, follow up?), all these things he said would not be a hindrance in ANY way, the officer in the letter said that from reviewing my doctor's notes, that my condition would make employment in the forces impossible at this time.  I took the letter to my doctor, he was as shocked as I was, maybe even more, so he set me up to go in for the Pulmonary Function Test, and he is going to write a personal letter to the officer, stating that I have nothing wrong with me.  The letter also asks that I prove that I am symptom and treatment free for at least 12 months.  My doctor has nothing in my file related to asthma since late 2001 early 2002.  Much more than 12 months.  But I have faith, I'll jump through their hoops, because in the end, this setback will probably make me a better soldier anyway.

Hey all..

I had my med file sent to Borden beginning of April.  Just got word back from CFRC Med tech that my results were in.  2 months.  Oy!

No surprises I passed.. :D  I am glad they submitted my file to the selection board in advance of medical results.  I imagine I will get those results in a couple of weeks.

My medical and all documentation were in mid march, it took about 10 days for the CFRC med staff to look it over and give it the okay, then it was about 5 weeks from early april to mid may it was in Borden, back by the 10th of May. They never called me about it being a positive result though, I had to call them. Also despite the fact I knew I had a spot in the unit from about the 15th of May (talked to the unit) the CFRC never called me until the 25th, 2 days before I was sworn in on the 27th.

Just another heads up to call the CFRC if you're ever in doubt. Also  keep in contact with your unit, they want you in as bad as you want in!

QY Rang cdt said:
Well, I just got "the letter", My medical went to Borden early February.   They said my "asthma" was the reason, but it's retarded, all the things they asked for me to do to appeal it, were EXACTLY the same things that I had my doctor fill out for them in February (assessment, potential limitations, follow up?), all these things he said would not be a hindrance in ANY way, the officer in the letter said that from reviewing my doctor's notes, that my condition would make employment in the forces impossible at this time.   I took the letter to my doctor, he was as shocked as I was, maybe even more, so he set me up to go in for the Pulmonary Function Test, and he is going to write a personal letter to the officer, stating that I have nothing wrong with me.   The letter also asks that I prove that I am symptom and treatment free for at least 12 months.   My doctor has nothing in my file related to asthma since late 2001 early 2002.   Much more than 12 months.   But I have faith, I'll jump through their hoops, because in the end, this setback will probably make me a better soldier anyway.

Sorry to hear about that.   I hope everything works out for you.   I'm still waiting for an answer on my med file which I hope comes back good to go and I hope it's not at the last minute either but better to have the green light than to wait a whole year.   June 28th is fast approaching and it's frustrating not knowing what the turn of events will be in the next several weeks.   Ah well.. life rolls on.   Keep pressin though and soldier on. :)

Back