• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Employer of Reserves

I work for:

• Total voters

Simpleton

Inactive
Reaction score
I have heard that 80% of working Reservists are employed by some form of Government, or are in a business that has direct ties to Government. If that is true then all our recruiting and retention focus should be on Government and Academic institutes. With this poll, and our sample size, maybe we can get a better idea if this thesis is accurate.

You may also want to consider where these Reservists were when they were recruited. While some Reservists may work for the Federal Government now, we did not necessarily recruit them after they had started working there. Most Reservists probably joined while they were students, which permitted them to recieve their early training during the summer. If you focus recruiting on personnel already in full time employment, it will have a dramatic effect on how we train the Reserves.

Michael OLeary said:
You may also want to consider where these Reservists were when they were recruited.

What an excellent point. I hadn't thought of that. I guess I am not looking so much from a recruiting perspective (although very valid) rather I was wondering about the makeup of the Reserve Force as it exists now. This composition of employers may have an impact on how training and augmenting the Regs could come into play.

There were a few guys who couldnt train with us the whole summer because they had to go back to work.  Most guys had to use up vacation time to attend training and/or CAC.

yeah im a high school student and my first and so far my only job is the Army Reserves so yeah

I'm first year University.. Quit my part time civvie job and now my only employment is the reserves.

Back