• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Edmonton Weather

mo-litia

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Anybody in Edmonton looked out the window tonight? Environment Canada just posted the following: Wind:   NW52
km/h gusting to 71km/h .

What happened to the sunshine? :crybaby:

It vanished in the prairies long ago along with the fabled colour green

Yesterday (sunday) afternoon we went to Tim's for lunch, and the sun was shining, and the winds calm. When we left Tims after a brief lunch, all hell had broken loose. Winds crazy (radio said up to 100km/hr, and I'd believe it..). My buddy saw a Tom Hortons sign flying away, and we had a good laugh as we trudged to my car. When we got back to the armouries, we had to run against the wind and the horizontally-flying hail, which stung like mad.. The power had gone off after we saw a tree strike the powerlines, and building materials from the construction site (namely foam and plastic sheets) were flying all around, even getting caught up on the powerlines in the case of the plastic sheets..
When we met up with the others, one of them mentioned how he was almost smoked by a Tim Horton's sign, a bit away from where we were..  ;D

Ottawa posted -30 celsius at 9am today.... (someone else posted this in another topic) and that is before windchill.

Thursday should be 2 celsius though.... Only in Canada's Capital....

Good to hear the west sucks for weather too :)

Meridian said:
Ottawa posted -30 celsius at 9am today.... (someone else posted this in another topic) and that is before windchill.

Thursday should be 2 celsius though.... Only in Canada's Capital....

Good to hear the west sucks for weather too :)

Middle of November it was about -15, the following weekend it was +2. Only in Alberta's Capital.

I still think that half hour of incredibly high winds and hail, with blue skies before AND after, took the cake for wierd weather the other day...

toronto last night -25 ...

toronto today - 11

but still no snow it snows for like 5 mins and then goes away? what gives

I have to say I'm enjoying my BC weather may be a bit wet but I'm not freezing my ass off. ;D

My mother is in Nova Scotia right now. She told me how it was +7 the other day, in comparison to the -26 here.

I hate her.

*whistles innocently*  YAY!!! GO SURREY!!!!  I think I might have to either wash my car or mow my lawn tomorrow....the grass just won't stop growing!  ;)

Come to Fort Nelson........brrrrrrrrrrrr

it was -30 in Borden for almost 2 days now, sience the sun has been able to hit the ground its been warming up

That little storm was wild. I saw an eaves trough flying through the air hehe. I thought the wicked witch of the west was going to come by hehe. I'm not used to edmonton weather. It's going to be plus 8 on xmas yay.

-26 as a daytime high with -40+ windchill
Go Winterpeg!
(Winnipeg)

Sounds like Edmontonian gypsies have a tough act to follow.

An unidentified man believed to belong to a Gypsy community was also killed when a tile torn off a roof cut off his head in the western suburb of Vernouillet, other officers said.

http://www.terradaily.com/2004/041217165332.h4q5619p.html

Edmonton weather...brrrrr i know now why i'm here in sunny Kelowna(+3C today, and sunny!)

Symchyshyn said:
-26 as a daytime high with -40+ windchill
Go Winterpeg!
(Winnipeg)

Thanks for the (explanation) !   . . . and here I thought you were talking about some place in Flordia!   ;)

It ain't much better out here in Conservative paradise tonight, and it's supposed to be 30 below for Christmas. Anyone wanna build an igloo?

Back