• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dress on arrival to BMQ

CF Lifer, if your going reg force with an interview 18 June your looking at September maybe even October start to your BMQ.  Look at the Basic Training section, the dates people are being sent for now are mid-august so by the time you have your interview and your medical clears and all that jazz you'll be looking at, like I said before atleast mid September.

Well I didn't have any kit beforehand, so i showed up with nothing military issue, got there in a t-shirt, and jeans I think, they aren't expecting you to know jack when you get there, the day you get there is your last day as a civvie.

Do remember that when you're done basic, you'll go on to further training with time off. Imagine getting out of prison, you'll want some clothes that are suitable to any occasion, and if you're from the west coast or mild climate, On/Que can be damn cold in the winter.

I just received my joining instructions this week.  It says nothing about what to wear upon arrival to Borden.  My husband taught basic last year here in Winnipeg, and nobody wore anything fancy when they arrived.  He said that t-shirt and jeans or whatever was fine for them the first day.

The basics,

If you don't have any kit before you get there then casual (business casual) is proper, gentlemen should wear a collared shirt and casual (read dress slacks) pants and comfortable shoes the joining instructions say no jeans, for the ladies not much differed except replace shirt with blouse and your set. If of course you are in the MOB (have been for some time) QR&O's (and I can't find the particular one right now (it'll take some digging) state that when joining a new unit mbr's SHALL report in, in service dress (Any order of S3's). QR&O 1.01 "How Words Construed" States that Shall inferes an act that does not leave a choice, where may inferes there is a choice on behalf of the mbr (that said I won't be wearing S3's when I report in in August)

Read your joining instructions it will indicate what kind of dress wear you should arrive in. It says CADPAT for me.  :cdn:

You can never go wrong with a nice brown suit and a white velour shirt, just match the shoes with the belt, open the shirt to your navel, wear a chain with a Lance Romance pendant, and VOILA! You will never be forgotten.  :blotto:
[/quote]

;D That's too funny, I agree totaly.  That's the same outfit I went to basic in but my suit was baby blue.  ;D

I have been issued 3 uniforms, but since I'm navy, I am not authorized to wear my uniform outside of my unit yet.  (until BMQ)  This is because we don't have our capbadges yet on our berets.  I think I will wear buisiness casual on the day I arrive, just to be safe.

oooh valour, tres cute  ;D

Back