• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DP1 Infantry

George Wallace said:
Without more info, that question is impossible to answer.  If you are in H3 right now, I would imagine that it starts as soon as you wake up in the morning.  If you are at RMC, I would imagine that you would be notified before Classes and Exams are over.  If you are in a Reserve Unit, you should be notified sometime in March or April as to what your dates are.  If you are a Civilian, anyone's guess could do.  So.....Which answer, to what situation, many of which have not even been mentioned, would you like?

You're right...I didn't give you enough to answer that question.

After St-Jean (assuming that a candidate is exempted from the language courses), how long should a candidate expect to wait ? The word is that a lot of candidates are waiting due to a lack of instructor in Gagetown.

Just a quick question to those who may know. Is BMQ(L) (SQ) a mandatory course? I cannot do my BMQ(L) this summer because of the month that it's in, but I can do Infantry DP1 because it starts a month later, would it be possible to skip BMQ(L)? This is for PRes.

Have you tried asking your unit? 

Anyways, just a guess but I would assume that BMQ(L) is a pre-req for DP1/BIQ.

My buddy got released (medically) of our BMQ (L) course, and he asked them if he could continue on to DP1 this summer, the answer he got was that BMQ(L) was needed to go on the DP1 Infantry.    I'm talking P Res, so I've got not the slightest clue about Reg.

BMQ(L)  the old SQ, is a requirement. You must have it BEFORE being loaded on DP1

I believe that there is a post by the Technoviking that lists the trade progression including the new ( soon to be implemented) changes.....

Haven't had time to link it here, but will do so at the earliest opportunity,

Back