• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Down with Air-soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.. whatever floats your boat. They are nice set up. But not for me. I"ll wear some jogging pants or jeans...

Piper said:
I think it's because of these guys;

http://www.pbase.com/cdn_airsoft_regiment/profile

and certain members from that group and others who are members here who post opinions/reviews about kit based on airsoft 'experience' which is worth sweet f'all who give airsofters a bad name. "Operation Qandahar Dawn"...what the f***?

I stopped playing dressup with toy guns when I was like 8-9. I get my jollies from more grownup pursuits like working. 

Some of these guys have got to be legit reservists, look at the stuff they carry and the way they mark there kit.
i doubt your average airsofter marks a made up "last 3" on there canteen.

Just to point out. I am sure there is surplus out there that still has buddies name and last 3. I found a old friend's gas mask carrier once.  ;D

I like airsoft guns just for collecting them.  No particular desire to own an actual firearm, but the geek in me enjoys the idea of having an armory of fake weapons in the house.

and on the subject of civvies wearing combat gear-

I've been mistaken for an army guy for years now because I wear an M-65 field jacket and a pair of 1980's era combat boots.  I figured, might as well enlist so people would stop 'mistaking' me for one.

I think i've gotten the general flavour of this thread, and one I whole heartedly agree with: do what ever you wish and dork yourself out to the hilt (or not) if you so desire. Just don't act or talk as though you are something you are not.  If you do...perpare for ye olde Mk III toothbrushing; or maybe just a dirty look and some eye rolling  :rage: ::)

Wow, those Canadian Airsoft regt guys are hardcore!

Too bad they forgot to post the pic of their CO:

The only thing that I really dislike about SOMEAirSofters is that they think they know more about the military then you do. It is also great that they like to criticize the equipment that we, as soldiers, use on a day to day basis with out ever wearing it, or worked with it in their lives. It is also great that their 'vast' experience relating to the military come from playing video games and watching Jar Head, not to mention that they would argue with you for the longest time, about what's a more accurate weapon. An M-16 or a C-7.... and because we all KNOW that the P-90 is the greatest thing on this earth next to Chinese made race cars... ya... you get my point.

I think airsoft is an effective tool for training. Wait... so is paintball. Wait... don't we already have something that combines the two?! Oh ya! SIMUNITION! SO I say... I dont like Airsofters too much... just because... most of them are wanna be soldiers that have great opinions about nothing, and loves to criticize everything. Not to mention would NEVER dream about signing up. They're too good for that, they are... superscoutsniperninjacommandos in disguise!

You do realize that there is only a small percent of airsofters like that. Majority don't act like their experts or real soldiers, etc

Also, there are quite a few of airsofters who are ex/current Military pers.

dutchy said:
yeah we all hate trekkies
Whoa, please don't be assuming my opinions.

Although, along with sober_ruski's sneer ("That guy doesnt play airsoft. He's a bloody cosplayer dressed up in that stupid japanese cartoon"), you've at least demonstrated you understand the logic regarding moral superiority.

You see, I don't hate Trekkies...or even "bloody cosplayers." Neither do I hate airsofters. But the first two didn't come to an army site, and bemoan the fact that army people don't respect them and their dressing up like soldiers. I have no heartache with people wanting to do any of these things, just don't presuppose that I have any obligation to take you seriously or pat you on the back for pretending you are a warrior with your "realistic type weapons."

MikeL said:
You do realize that there is only a small percent of airsofters like that. Majority don't act like their experts or real soldiers, etc

Also, there are quite a few of airsofters who are ex/current Military pers.

you bet I do :) Many ppl out here play. I know quite a few who are current military and police members. Like I said, great training tool.

To quote Sloan (the Canadian band, that is): "It's not the band I hate: it's their fans". It's not so much the activity, I guess, as the participants (as witnessed by the much maligned poster-boy for AirSoft, he of the large BMI).

AL

MikeL said:
You do realize that there is only a small percent of airsofters like that.

Yes i do, but there's always one f*****g idiot that ruins it for the whole lot

yeah I have never personally ran into people like that, as for simunitions... In the us many LE agencies as well as some military groups are starting to use airsoft due to the cost difference. I currently know of over two dozen people (airsofters) that are either LE or military. So you cant say they don't use your equipment. and just for the record i thought jar-head was a dumb movie.

dutchy said:
yeah I have never personally ran into people like that, as for simunitions... In the us many LE agencies as well as some military groups are starting to use airsoft due to the cost difference. I currently know of over two dozen people (airsofters) that are either LE or military. So you cant say they don't use your equipment. and just for the record i thought jar-head was a dumb movie.

I've edited my post to say SOME airsofters are blah blah blah...

LE dont use many of the military equipment, they have better ones at times. Military pers use military equipment while working. Airsfoters dont when they play games.

Jar-head was a movie that I didnt mind too much. To draw inferences about the military from that movie, and making it seem as if it's real life, is what I dont like. I have nothing against the movie.

TN2IC said:
I won't fire man carry him.

Ikes!

I always get a kick out of folks that wear combats as civvies. Usually I"ll tell the person that they can get paid for wearing that!

I seen some Naval folk do that too. It just makes me want to puke. I can't stand army style clothing anymore. I"ll wear it to work and that is it. I kind of wish I was a nudist at times. I wonder what the RSM would say....

+1 my man +1, spit my beer all over myself when I read that!! 

Journeyman said:
Whoa, please don't be assuming my opinions.

Although, along with sober_ruski's sneer ("That guy doesnt play airsoft. He's a bloody cosplayer dressed up in that stupid japanese cartoon"), you've at least demonstrated you understand the logic regarding moral superiority.

C'mon! One thing airsofters have over cosplayers. They see sunlight every once in a while :D

Hehehehe... I try my best. I know how to make a Royal spill his beer.  ;)

Now just image showning up to work like that? Pure commando...

Never Pass a Fault,
Cheers,
TN2IC

Imagine going into the air soft arenas and throwing like a whole backpack full of the loud M-80 firecrackers around and making the trekkies panic or something. "uh, uh, uh, uh, uh I was looking for my flux capacitor UZI". LOL, I wish.

I try to get my friends to play Airsoft but they are afraid they might get "welts" or something of the sort.
Dodgeball is fun too, but nobody in University or College ever wants to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back