• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

They're a bunch of gormless posers.  Most professionals can get a job done without looking like an episode of WWE Raw.  Over and above looking like clowns, the weepy part is the most annoying.  The tools spend 55 minutes ramping themselves up about "he aint gonna skip no more" and "He'll be watchin the iron bar channel tonight" and other such drivel, only to have a big weep in at the end for a "poor fallen sparrow".  Again, professionals remain detached.  I don't believe for a second they give one pinch of spit for the guy they rope in.  That is just playing for the camera.  If anything, they should be happy to take a dangerous criminal out of the game so they can't commit more crime while they are on the run. 
Don't get sucked in to the donkey show.  Other than a criminal with a warrant goes to jail, that show appears to have as much "reality" as The Surreal Life.

zipperhead_cop said:
They're a bunch of gormless posers.  Most professionals can get a job done without looking like an episode of WWE Raw.  Over and above looking like clowns, the weepy part is the most annoying.  The tools spend 55 minutes ramping themselves up about "he aint gonna skip no more" and "He'll be watchin the iron bar channel tonight" and other such drivel, only to have a big weep in at the end for a "poor fallen sparrow".  Again, professionals remain detached.  I don't believe for a second they give one pinch of spit for the guy they rope in.  That is just playing for the camera.  If anything, they should be happy to take a dangerous criminal out of the game so they can't commit more crime while they are on the run. 
Don't get sucked in to the donkey show.  Other than a criminal with a warrant goes to jail, that show appears to have as much "reality" as The Surreal Life.

Couldnt agree with you more.

Bounty hunters are most likely the least professional folks around. They're just repo men that are repoing people. Small small crooks--mostly druggies who missed a date with the judge and so whacked on drugz that they can't run away.
Certainly not to be confused with cops although some are used to be cops like Jim Lahey-trailer park supervisor.

Look as I sit here stroking my Mullet.  I think we all need to understand that this guy is pumping it up for the camera's.  I have been watching this gong sow for a while.  Yes, I also stop at car crashes, it's just....I can't help it.

In the early shows he appears somewhat "normal", as normal as someone running around in black jeans, mace and cowboy boots in Hawaii can look.  But now he has this whole 21st century Indian think going with the hair and beads in his hair.  My co-worker and I have a very real concern that Dog's hair is slowing taking over his body, and he will someday look like a very large, blond Cousin It. 

On a final note, the best part about this show I don't think the people on it, Dog et al. understand it's a comedy.

Doggies first profession was biker gang member and he did some time in the slammer over a murder. I don't think that he has lead what most of us kind of people would call a normal life.  Drugs and crime have a way of altering normal.  He's got something like 11 kids,(questionable wisdom) lives in Hawaii(questionable choice) and probably doesn't hold many degrees,plumbers licences,or anything that would make him a candidate for much else other than hunting down local petty crooks who have defaulted on his bail money.  Lets face it.  This is not rocket science that Doggie is engaged in.  Actually you have to give the guy credit for one thing.  He used to be a doper and he's clean and sober. That doesn't come easy.

The show is hillarious,  it's goofy, and it is very much in the sense of trailer park boys, only that they use their "real" names.

He lives in Hawaii, with other offices in mainline america.  He has signed a contract for 2.5 Million dollars for the new season, not to metnion the tons of cash he is making on other promotional gack.

I would say he is doing something right.

I love the show!

dileas

tess

William Webb Ellis said:
Yes, I also stop at car crashes, it's just....I can't help it.

Heh.  I know the feeling.  I also find myself watching Jerry Springer frequently. 

beenthere said:
Actually you have to give the guy credit for one thing.  He used to be a doper and he's clean and sober. That doesn't come easy.

Did he happen to pee in a cup for you?  Somehow, just because he says it, doesn't mean it is so.  I would be very interested in what gang he was with and how he got out.  Most times, gang membership means a lifetime commitment and you can't just quit.  Active members frequently go into a semi-retired state after paying their dues for having done a sufficient amount of crime/jail time.  The way he conducts himself I would imagine he wouldn't be chasing down a bond on one of his fellow bikers.  It also wouldn't suprise me if the guys who get rounded up owe money to the gang that he is affiliated to as well.  Lots of filthy layers to be had.

It gets better:

http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/main.php

Look at the Private Security Class, "Neroulogical"....

http://www.ratbags.com/loon/2003/10october.htm

"There are people who owe me money, and what I want is a leg-breaker to go around and explain the concepts of "invoice" and "payment". Dog looks like just the sort of person I need to get those chequebooks and credit cards humming, and it is good to know that he can sense the sort of danger that could come from the vicious real estate agents, financial advisors and salespersons who make up my clientele. As Dog says, he 'has mastered the new art of Neruological Visual Profiling or N.V.P. The criminal or Predator puts off a certain ore about themselves. By using N.V.P Dog can predict the “Danger” before it happens'. I realise that spelling is a low priority at thug school (Dog has the essential credential - he has spent time in prison for murder) so I will excuse his mistaken use of "ore" for "aura" (the spell checker would have missed it too), but I am very interested in the use of NVP to pick up the auras of bad guys. I can see how this would be very useful in the war against terrorism. You wouldn't want the bad guys to know too much about it, though, which is why the CIA and the FBI are keeping it so secret that even Google doesn't know anything about it. Even if it is spelled "neurological"."

Well put

So, I'm aware that this topic hasn't been post in for at least 100 days, but I didn't want to use up too much BWidth with a new topic.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070216/dog_extradition_070216/20070216?hub=Entertainment

'Dog' loses extradition battle in Mexico
Updated Fri. Feb. 16 2007 8:32 AM ET

Associated Press

GUADALAJARA, Mexico -- A federal court has cleared the way for TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman to be extradited to face charges in Mexico, court officials said.

Norma Jara, a spokeswoman for the second district court in Guadalajara, said the court rejected Chapman's injunction request, ruling there was no reason not to try him with the charge of deprivation of liberty of Mexico.

"We only just heard about the Mexican court's decision to continue with the extradition proceedings, and are still in shock," Chapman and his wife, Beth, said in a statement issued Thursday night in Honolulu.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," they said. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time."

Mexican authorities had already asked for Chapman's extradition from Hawaii.

Chapman's lawyers argued he would not be guaranteed a fair trial in Mexico, Jara said.

The charges against the 53-year-old star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter" stem from his June 2003 capture of convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, in Puerto Vallarta, 210 miles west of Guadalajara.

Chapman was arrested Sept. 14 along with his son and another associate and released on US$300,000 bail. He faces up to four years in a Mexican jail if convicted.

Luster's capture shot the Honolulu-based bounty hunter to fame and led to the TV series. His disappearance set off an international manhunt by police, FBI and bounty hunters trying to recoup some of the bond money. Luster is serving a 124-year prison term.

That sucks!  I for one like the show.  Sure it's cheesy...but I still like.  ;D  Now, if only Leland would cut his hair..... ;)

beach_bum said:
That sucks!  I for one like the show.  Sure it's cheesy...but I still like.   ;D  Now, if only Leland would cut his hair..... ;) AND WAX !!![/b]

Leland is the hot son!  Well...would be hot if he would only cut that hair!  :-*

Okay okay... let's do Army.ca Bounty Hunter!

People posing on the site, misspelling, asking to many questions about BMQ. I am on PPV looking for it.

On other note: If this "Dog" guy can drive around in SUV's and live there.... why can't he get a hair cut? Ugh!

Opps got to run.. pop corn is done.

TN2IC said:
Okay okay... let's do Army.ca Bounty Hunter!

People posing on the site, misspelling, asking too many questions about BMQ. I am on PPV looking for it.

On other note: If this "Dog" guy can drive around in SUV's and live there.... why can't he get a hair cut? Ugh!

Opps got to run.. pop corn popcorn is done.

;D

Please forgive me George.  
icon_worship.gif

:dontpanic:

i l
i like dog the bounty hunter he has a good sense of humour and stuff but hes helping out people that has a drug addiction and troubles in life and what not to do and stuff like that

So... he goes out of his way to take down a repeat rapist playboy who thinks he is untouchable because of his money and... goes to jail for it? Way to go Mexico. Where was their "police" when that scum was walking free there?

Back