• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dog chewed up one of my boots....

oinyo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am a PTE and sadly my puppy got into my closet and chewed the top 2 inches from one of my combat boots right off (Summer dry boots)

The top lace hole section is completely missing but the rest of the boot is fine.
Seems she gnawed the entire top part off and ate it.. Yes she crapped out the metal hoops and is now fine after being punished.. (this happened a week ago)

What kind of trouble am I looking at for bringing it in to be replaced? If I am going to get fined I may have to wait a bit as money is tight atm.

Thank you

Quick check your homework is it still secure?

That was in my bag all safe lol.

Just the single boot took the chewing

Just bring them in to get exchanged at clothing supply, shit happens, nobody is going to be upset at you.

oinyo said:
What kind of trouble am I looking at for bringing it in to be replaced? If I am going to get fined I may have to wait a bit as money is tight atm.

lol First of all your not "in trouble".  Life happens and you just experienced it. 

Now as a Sup Tech if you brought the boots to my counter and told me your story I would have no problems simply exchanging your boots, should we have your size.

My reason for this simple solve is that your boots are considered a next of skin item and thus not a piece of kit I can issue to anyone else.  As well I don't see an MLR (Misc Loss Report) being the appropriate avenue as the kit is not lost, its damaged.

In short be honest, explain yourself and I think you should be fine.

Halifax Tar said:
lol First of all your not "in trouble".  Life happens and you just experienced it. 

Now as a Sup Tech if you brought the boots to my counter and told me your story I would have no problems simply exchanging your boots, should we have your size.

My reason for this simple solve is that your boots are considered a next of skin item and thus not a piece of kit I can issue to anyone else.  As well I don't see an MLR (Misc Loss Report) being the appropriate avenue as the kit is not lost, its damaged.

In short be honest, explain yourself and I think you should be fine.

:goodpost:

RoyalDrew said:
Just bring them in to get exchanged at clothing supply, crap happens, nobody is going to be upset at you.
Bring the dog as a witness to the event.

ha ha thank you all very much.
I will bring the boots in next week to get exchanged and tell them the story.
I would bring my baby Rottie in but she is still a puppy so she would probably just pee on the floor and go hide somewhere..

Did she get a blister on the tongue? Those new boots are a hooker to break in.

You will need to bring in the whole boot to ensure that you are not cutting off parts bit by bit with the end goal of making a new pair of free boots. Leather doesn't digest very well so I advise bringing in the bits of boot after your dog has passed them. No need to wash them off. Just bring a clear baggie.

jeffb said:
You will need to bring in the whole boot to ensure that you are not cutting off parts bit by bit with the end goal of making a new pair of free boots. Leather doesn't digest very well so I advise bringing in the bits of boot after your dog has passed them. No need to wash them off. Just bring a clear baggie.

LOL  I can see that now. 

Back