• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dion may be one Quebecer too many for voters

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Dion may be one Quebecer too many for voters
TheStar.com - February 27, 2007 Richard Gwyn
Article Link

Few Canadian political leaders have undergone as rapid a reversal of public fortunes as has Stéphane Dion in the less than three months since he became Liberal leader.

Comparisons have been made with Stockwell Day's spectacular fall after he became leader of the now-vanished Alliance Party. Day, though, while he did take a deep dive as soon as he put on his wet suit, never started out high.

Dion at his start was genuinely popular. People were intrigued by him.

Sure he was geeky, but he clearly was brainy. He possessed the especially attractive quality of "authenticity," of being someone who was real and who actually meant what he said.

His handicaps are now much more obvious.

On television, he just doesn't look like a leader. On both television and radio, his weak voice simply doesn't make him sound like a leader.

Dion has another handicap that everyone was aware of at his beginning but sort of assumed would go away by itself. This is that he's a Quebecer.

Dion's core problem may be that he's one Quebecer too many.
More on link

Now that's just unfair....unfair I say.      ;D

In all reality I'd say that his ramblings as of late have pretty much sealed the deal....I mean come on, "We have to get back into power as soon as possible"?

Regards

And don't forget the immemorial "That's Unfair!!"

GAP said:
"That's Unfair!!"

He seems to use those two words a lot.  That's probably just an [glow=red,2,300Unfair[/glow] assesment on my part though.

Well at least you could understand what he said, he sounds like he's speaking jibberish to me.

On television, he just doesn't look like a leader. On both television and radio, his weak voice simply doesn't make him sound like a leader.

If it all boiled down to looking like a leader on TV then he's got nothing to worry about, Canada went many years with this:

107.canada.jean.chretien.jpg

Yeah, but Dion could never carry off the "A proof is a proof" spiel

Back