• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Defence: $12.7-billion infusion ;D

Edward Campbell said:
Unless you are rather young, you already have.   Pierre Elliot Trudeau despised the military and the poeple in it.   He despised serving soldier and veterans, alike.   He tought our generals were anti-intellectual time-servers and the sailors, soldiers and aviators - private through chief petty officer - were bums.

Trudeau also hid in Harvard while the Greatest Generation liberated Europe and Asia from Fascism - greatest Canadian my ass....

Infanteer said:
Trudeau also hid in Harvard while the Greatest Generation liberated Europe and Asia from Fascism - greatest Canadian my ***....

I recall reading a biography ("Shrug, Trudeau in Power" by Walter Stewart, IIRC) in which one of his favourite activities during the war is described: him and his buddies dressing in Nazi-looking clothes and scaring the beejebus out of local farmers and whatnot (thinking the Nazis had invaded) ... I'm all for a good pratical joke, but that just ain't right ... put me in the [massiveunderstatement]"not a fan"[/massiveunderstatement] column, too.

We should give 12.5 billion to the JTF and let the rest of the forces fight over the remaining .2 billion - spock vs captian kirk style.

OK I am going to post a Idea of what the government wants to do with our military through the next   years or so.... Let me know if you think this is going to be enough. Please Post your thoughts on this.
Here are some charts
bpc6_4e.gif

Budget 2005 Defence Funding (cash basis illustration)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005â “06 2006â “07 2007â “08 2008â “09 2009â “10 Total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(millions of dollars)

Expand the Forces   80, 100, 500, 1,200, 1,180, 3,060,

Operational sustainability of the Forces 420, 500, 600, 800, 900, 3,220

New medium capacity helicopters, logistics trucks, utility aircraft and JTF2 facility 0, 0, 338, 1,232, 1,187, 2,757

Post Defence Policy Review investments   0, 0, 120, 1,234, 2,437, 3,791

Total 500 600 1,558 4,466 5,704 12,828

That's old news, I think this was already posted. It's anybody's guess whether this is "enough" - not enough detail provided.

Out of curiosity, how can you post if you are banned?

He was banned tonight, all his posts stay unless we specifically take them down.

Back