• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current Dress Regs

As an aside, I see that USAF / USSF folks do some ceremonies (like Change of Command) in operational uniform instead of their service dress.

1720045335274.png

Civilian professionals don’t wear workout gear in the office, but we (aside from Ottawa) wear combats in office-like jobs. If we’re going to use “civilian professional” as a yardstick then CAF members should only wear DEU unless actively in the field/sea/flightline. If you aren’t scheduled to fly that day, you wear DEU and keep a flight suit in the office/crew spaces.
If the CAF can wear CADPAT, then as a civilian I can wear pyjamas.

Or CJOC can explain how "If I wear the wrong pants I can't do operations". And then we fire all officers who make that claim.

Reactions: ytz
If the CAF can wear CADPAT, then as a civilian I can wear pyjamas.

Or CJOC can explain how "If I wear the wrong pants I can't do operations". And then we fire all officers who make that claim.
Well I’d say they’re on par with jeans annd or slacks and a collared shirt since the dress standards for appointments are CADPAT or business casual in the eyes of the CAF they’re the same.

When the choice is operational uniform or this . . .

What would you chose?
If they are going to go with space marines, the Imperial Guard did it better; plus, chain swords.

1720053488775-png.86371

Attachments

• 1720053488775.png
    1720053488775.png
    541 KB · Views: 166
We had this once especially for that.

120138836-3493385477388104-3562826558317187025-o_orig.jpg

I didn't mind it. It was basically comfortable, easy to care for and had a distinct military look to it.
If it wasn’t made out of stiff scratchy material that you had to iron, didn’t have gigantic leather boots that had to be spit-shone, and didn’t have a jacket the was as ugly as it was useless and uncomfortable, it would have been a good idea.

If it wasn’t made out of stiff scratchy material that you had to iron, didn’t have gigantic leather boots that had to be spit-shone, and didn’t have a jacket the was as ugly as it was useless and uncomfortable, it would have been a good idea.
So, it’s past 02 July now. Any wholesale changes?

I would have said Army but there’s already a project underway.

But I would argue that the uniform-specific arguments aren’t really the purview of this thread. Aside from the CA uniform project, the dress regs update doesn’t talk about uniforms at all.
Gonna reinvent te 40s and 50s are we?

I liked the work dress pants (yes. They needed daily ironing) and the shirt. The gigantic leather boots were part of looking military. Remember, I'm the guy that hates the bus driver suit we had and the shoes were part and parcel to that look. (It's programming in me and comes from initially wearing battle dress with puttees). The high topped boots were a magnificent improvement over puttees in my mind. :giggle:

Yeah the jacket was a bit much what with a camouflage smock in garrison but our combats were noncamouflaged - but overall the outfit made me feel like a soldier.
Sweated through TWs as well. (Yes I'm that old!)
And me, and I have proof in pictures. Note that this was mid July in Shilo. This was during that brief interval where we had just taken the band aids off our single cadet pip and just before they put our second pip up. We were never actually 2nd lieutenants.

1970 Grad.jpg

🍻

I liked the work dress pants (yes. They needed daily ironing) and the shirt. The gigantic leather boots were part of looking military. Remember, I'm the guy that hates the bus driver suit we had and the shoes were part and parcel to that look. (It's programming in me and comes from initially wearing battle dress with puttees). The high topped boots were a magnificent improvement over puttees in my mind. :giggle:

Yeah the jacket was a bit much what with a camouflage smock in garrison but our combats were noncamouflaged - but overall the outfit made me feel like a soldier.

And me, and I have proof in pictures. Note that this was mid July in Shilo. This was during that brief interval where we had just taken the band aids off our single cadet pip and just before they put our second pip up. We were never actually 2nd lieutenants.

View attachment 86392

🍻
If garrison dress were more low-maintenance and more practical, it would probably still be I use. Unfortunately, it became known as “blade dress” in my circles.

Back