• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT Advice?

• Thread starter Thread starter bran
  • Start date Start date
B

bran

Hey guys,

I've read many threads around the site indicating that CTing isn't really a good thing unless you have a tour because it will take forever to get promoted, get pay raises, etc. I'm looking to CT from infantry to infantry in the summer but I just wanted to let you know my situation, I don't have BMQ and have almost been in 6mths. So would it be best for me to resign completely from the PRes and just join again as reg force? or would CT be the better way to go? The only reason I'm asking is because I'm not BMQ qualified and also I don't want to be stuck at the same rank or pay grade forever if I do a straight CT.

Thanks for the input

It doesn't matter what you do.  You will be starting with zero at zero.  Nothing to worry about.

ONT said:
Hey guys,

I've read many threads around the site indicating that CTing isn't really a good thing unless you have a tour because it will take forever to get promoted, get pay raises, etc. I'm looking to CT from infantry to infantry in the summer but I just wanted to let you know my situation, I don't have BMQ and have almost been in 6mths. So would it be best for me to resign completely from the PRes and just join again as reg force? or would CT be the better way to go? The only reason I'm asking is because I'm not BMQ qualified and also I don't want to be stuck at the same rank or pay grade forever if I do a straight CT.

Thanks for the input

Promotions and the like aren't based on if you were PRes before, they are based on performance, merit, military bearing, integrity, etc etc etc.

I know guys how CTd from PRes WO and are MCpls now, and guys how CTd from PRes Cpl who are now Sgts and WOs.

Its all based on the individual and their performance. 

Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking. Is it too soon to start the process now if I want it to be active by May/June?
Also I have document that I found on this site and from what I've been told I just fill it out and that gets the process underway? Basically just one page of information called Component Transfer Application and I send to an e-mail address on the bottom of the page?

Thanks again

ONT said:
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking. Is it too soon to start the process now if I want it to be active by May/June?
Also I have document that I found on this site and from what I've been told I just fill it out and that gets the process underway? Basically just one page of information called Component Transfer Application and I send to an e-mail address on the bottom of the page?

Thanks again

Tell your Coc at your unit you intend to go Regs and then call your CFRC...then, follow the yellow brick road.

To pretty much say what most the people above said, you won't be losing rank or anything because you already don't have rank. If you haven't started yet it would be better to go now rather than later. You're looking at a minum of 2 years in Pres before you're end up overseas at the rate you're going right now. So if you want this to be a career put in for a component transfer and get some real training.

The process to CT is to fill out that online form and send it to the email address that is indicated.  That is the ONLY way to do a CT now.

It is advisable for you to inform, not request, but inform your chain of command that you are doing this, though it is not necessary.  Of course cant see any reason why you wouldnt.

Once you fill out the form and send it off it is a hurry up and wait game.  You are staying in the same trade and you dont have any qualifications to consider writing off so the process will be pretty simple.  You just have to wait for someone to get to you.  As mentioned, your career wont take any longer then it is already going to take, may as well get the ball rolling now if this is truly what you want.

Thanks I appreciate it guys, I'll get on that very soon. Another question which is really off topic but why does every CF website say that 3PPCLI is located in Edmonton? Is it not Wainwright?

ONT said:
Thanks I appreciate it guys, I'll get on that very soon. Another question which is really off topic but why does every CF website say that 3PPCLI is located in Edmonton? Is it not Wainwright?

3 PPCLI IS based out of Edmonton, they train in Wainwright but are Stationed in Edmonton

FYI, 1 PPCLI is also in Edmonton with 2 PPCLI in Shilo

Really eh, I didn't know that. So every time they go for training they commute to Wainwright? Seems like if you were based out of Edmonton you wouldn't get as much opportunity to train because of the drive to the training area.

Back