• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Corps without an RSM.

wo_wong830 said:
When i was a private. my favorite BSM left (aged out) and den came to our DSM which is also one of my favorites. The last one is my brother, the RSM! I dont know. He can be really strict in cadets but at home really nice.

I fail to see what this has to do with the thread

PS spelling and grammar

dmwheaton said:
Common misconception.  This is the case in the Canadian Forces, yes.  But within the Canadian Cadet Movement there is a Cade Administrative Training Order (CATO) that dictates rank prerequisites for appointments.  Specifically, CATO 40-03, "Promotion Prerequisites and Cadet Corps Appointments".

For a cadet to be an RSM, he or she must first be a CWO.

-- Lt. W

There has been fairly substatial discussion of this CATO, either here or on CadetWorld? Anyways the CATO in it's literal form is exactly what you have posted; however  I know in RSCU (P) the conclusion has been that this does not determine a Cadet's position as it is far too restricting. Imagine a new LHQ that could only haveSecComds! LOL. I am not sure if this policy of not following policy is supported by D Cdts, although RSCU (P) is generally quite good at that.

Back