• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COMING BACK?

orange.paint

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Just to see if anyne else heard this through the rumor mill or seen any directives on it.
I was told by a certain reliable personell that they were bringing back PERI staff.This may be untrue but just wondering if anyone had heard of this?

Haven't heard hide nor hair - that would be good though.

However, as this would make the most serious kind of sense, it probably won't happen.

MM

They were Military Physical Education Instructors.  That was a Trade.  They taught PT classes and in many cases Refereed Sports.  Some were Olympic calibre athletes.

Yah I know,wish it was still around to go do myself.Just heard a rumor and got all excited...guess no one else heard this one?

yeah i herd that to, i herd it on my PLQ, we asked about Mod 1 and they said that only the PERI people could teach on it and that it was coming back.....

Hahaha.. good point George.. but I am sure what my buddy meant was "heard" And RCAC and TNBOY and I all heard it from the same person.. DS staff on our PLQ course.

Cheers,
TN2IC

George Wallace said:
They were Military Physical Education Instructors.  That was a Trade.  They taught PT classes and in many cases Refereed Sports.  Some were Olympic calibre athletes.

Small correction, George.  They were Physical Education and Recreation Instructors.  Aside from the above, they were also responsible for NPF activities on base (Auto Club, Computer Club, Woodworking Club, etc), and Welfare overseas.

You're correct - some were Olympic caibre athletes - MOST were in superb shape.

I have had both the old PERI staff and the new PSP folks...no question there for me...PERI staff.  Not that the PSP types aren't good...I just don't think they are AS good as the PERI's were.  Plus...I just would rather get it from military types...they have "been there and done that" compared to the 19 year old 100 lb female that hasn't carried anything heavier than her winter coat. 

I haven't heard they were coming back...wouldn't be a bad thing in my mind.  Question:  Have the Forces "overall" fitness level declined since their demise??  Is this something the CDS wants to do to get us in "fighting shape" again as the CF??

Back