• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changing One Thing

• Thread starter Thread starter Jason902
  • Start date Start date
J

Jason902

If you had the oppurtunity to change one thing in the CF, what would it be?
(Btw, I know everyone would prob. like more money, but something differnt  ^-^)
Just curious about peoples views

alot more training with the proper amounts of ammo, equipment and planning for every trade. 

focus groups(consisting of serving members in that given trade) that come from across Canada every four years to update and modernise training techniques and subject matter in any given career course.

How about instituting a "Lessons Learned From American War" training, right now the USA is fighting in what will most likely be our area of conflict from now on (Fibua/Obua) we should have someone attached to the americans in all arenas (air/navy/army) and each sub component of those (infantry/armored etc) and ever month they write a report saying, hey this is what works in war and this is what doesn't work in war. I think it would make us a very effective fighting force.  8)

MORE COURSES!!!! (Especialy in the reserve) People willing to take any course they can get should not be sitting in Garrison getting ~ 1 or less a year. Also in the reserve, I'd love to see the availability of taskings increase for us non-leadership types.

As it stands now, I have next to no experience or courses. This makes it hard to get any experience, taskings or courses.

I, myself am commited to the Army and am willing to continue to commit my time to it, even if I can't get a commitment in return that I will have employment over the summer. Alot of people are not in a position where they can do this though.

replace blanks with simunition, and have enough for a full combat load for every exersize for every trade,

For reserve units, exersizes should not run by staff from that unit, other units could direct the exersizes so the staff has to fufill their role as well ..

IE a sigs unit's exersize could be directed by an arty unit, then when the arty unit goes out, maybe a svc btn could direct the scenario... and so on. that way it would be exactly like the unit responding to a real sit. The directing staff would not interact with the Unit on exersize except to deliver the scenario and changes in situation much the way EMO does their exersizes.

Move most of the people from NDHQ back to field units... tail shouldn't wag the dog...

Well for me i guess its more of an attiditude approach..... I would love it if all forces (Air,Army,Navy) got rid of that childish grudge for one another... Well some personal, not all have it... i think to promote a greater solidarity between the members of the CF,,, things would become so much better.

Allow me, (and anyone else) the choice of wearing my sleeves up or down.  How can I possibly pick up chicks when they can't see my pipes?

Mike_R23A said:
Move most of the people from NDHQ back to field units... tail shouldn't wag the dog...

Move all the combat arms NCOs/WOs into staff positions for a year and see if they would really do things any differently. ;)

Jason902 said:
   If you had the oppurtunity to change one thing in the CF, what would it be?
(Btw, I know everyone would prob. like more money, but something differnt   ^-^)
Just curious about peoples views

Effective reactions to after action reports on faulty kit... "You're overloading it" is not an effective reaction to a report that states the ruck does not support enough weight...

Make administrative processes more transparent to the averaged soldier/sailor/airmen who lacks beauracratic ability.

....maybe a....flow chart?

Just a Sig Op said:
Effective reactions to after action reports on faulty kit... "You're overloading it" is not an effective reaction to a report that states the ruck does not support enough weight...

LMBO ...

"Can Do" attitude (instead of "Can't Do" ... not sure where we foundered ...)

Che said:
Make administrative processes more transparent to the averaged soldier/sailor/airmen who lacks beauracratic ability.

....maybe a....flow chart?

With pictures. And large print.

For that matter, why aren't manuals written for idiots? With a properly written manual, there's no reason a infanteer (Or anyone for that matter, not meaning to pick on the infantry) shouldn't be able to pick up a 522 and be freq hopping secure in a few minutes...

For that matter, why aren't manuals written for idiots? With a properly written manual, there's no reason a infanteer (Or anyone for that matter, not meaning to pick on the infantry) shouldn't be able to pick up a 522 and be freq hopping secure in a few minutes...

Probably job security.

Same reason why Windows will never be bug free.

Well... no... would you really want to lug around a dozen thick manuals in addition to your regular load? I was referring to capability, not feasibility ;)

Back