• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changing element in the reserve

Kaya1981

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm not a 100% sure that my thread is in the right category (if it's not I apologize), but I would like to know how difficult it is to change element in the RESERVE ? How long can it take ? And can your request be denied, and if so why ?

Thank you in advance.

In theory it's not that difficult. In practice, more so.

What you have to do is find a unit in the new element that has a vacant position in your trade, and is willing to take you. You then request a transfer. It may or may not be approved.

If you're a support trade, you might find it an easier quest than someone who is in an element specific trade. That person would also be looking to OT.

YMMV

It seems the OP may be interested in Supply Tech:
"Is it possible to be a supply technician in the air force but in the reserve ? Or supply tech in the reserve are only army ?"
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/113905/post-1287210.html#msg1287210

Kaya1981 said:
I'm not a 100% sure that my thread is in the right category (if it's not I apologize), but I would like to know how difficult it is to change element in the RESERVE ? How long can it take ? And can your request be denied, and if so why ?

"Elemental Change for Purple Trades - Reserves"
  http://army.ca/forums/threads/100123.0/nowap.html

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am in a purple trade. And can I ask, in the case they deny your request, what would be the motive ?

Thank you.

There aren't any posn's open where you want to move to would be the first one that pops into my mind.

Okay. But if there is a position open ? Then what could be the motive for denying a request ?

The mbr is known to be a fucktard and doesn't get a great reference from his/her current unit?  Mbr has a conduct sheet, or periods of NES, admin burden...shit like that.

:dunno:

Kaya1981 said:
Okay. But if there is a position open ? Then what could be the motive for denying a request ?

How does the member know there's a position open?

Back