• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFSA 100

Char1991

Inactive
Reaction score
After searching through the forums, I didn't find anything related to my question or any topic related to it so I figured I'd start a new one.  If the mods want to merge it go ahead.

I recently filled out my CFSA 100, during which I was advised that the OR would be taking off a 60.00$ a month once I return the form after my medical.  When I asked what would happen if I overpaid once the audit came back, I was meant by a blank stare.

I'm hoping someone could help me. Would they issue a credit onto my CCPS account, or would they just say too bad?

Thank you in advance.

You're buying back in instalments.  Once the final bill comes in, they will inform you of what the actual instalments should be.

If the payments you've been making are greater than the calculated ones, it means you'll have it paid back sooner, and they should reduce the future payments.

They will never say "Too bad!" and keep the money to spend on a bender...

Agreed - & geez, I hate that blank stare!  If someone doesn't know what you're talking about, why don't they just say "I'm not sure what you mean" & then try to paraphrase? 

.... mutter, mutter....

If the total amount of your initial installments was greater than the confirmed pension arrears owed, you would be credited back that money into your CCPS account :)

I unknowingly overpaid mine.  20 some years later I got a cheque for the difference plus interest.  Oh and a T4 so I could claim the interest as income.  Go figure.

Back