• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP and Int Officer - Reserve

Kaplan

Inactive
Reaction score
Howdy all,

While browsing the DIN, I came across an article explaining the CEOTP. It didn't explain it in full detail and hoped that posting here might answer some questions (I've searched too!).

My situation: I'm currently enrolled in Political Science at Carleton University, my marks are so-so (which I attribute to my brother's during the school year  :(). I'll be entering Second Year this fall. I would like to enroll in the reserves, talked to some friends in the Camerons and Footguards. When I was younger, one of my teachers informed me about cadets. I was in for 2-3 months and left due to a lack of being able to get transportation there. After speaking with my best friend, stating I was thinking about joining the CH of O. Immediately he said I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I would in Int. I would say I'm a well rounded individual, bilingual, and very bright. He said his biggest mistake was not knowing about 2 Intelligence Platoon at NDHQ. I did some reading and I really the concepts/roles of a Intelligence Operator/Officer.

So if I understand correctly, will enrolling in CEOTP give me a chance to become a Reservist Officer in the Intelligence trade?

Disclaimer: I realize better than anyone I will not be parachuting out of a helicopter over North Korean lines and killing Kim Jong Il and former Soviet Leaders with some wax paper, a comb, and my shoe.

Dunno about the PRes but Regs do not accept CEOTP for Int O stream - personally checked 2 weeks ago.

Is it true that the reserve units don't accept applications to the Intelligence Officer trade by direct entry?  I recently inquired about this with 2 Intelligence Company at the Denison Armoury in Toronto.  I was told I had to be already in a trade and then can apply for transfer to INT, is this true?

Thats the way it has been even for the Regular Force until recently.  It certainly is the practice for the western Reserve Int Coy.

I looked into 2 INT out of Dennison Armouries back in February as well.  I was told the same thing, that they do not recruit from "off of the street".

I'm glad that's the case because so far, I'm having fun right where I am.

Once again, a new topic started on something that has been discussed already. 

I do agree with the above posters, but will add that there is only one way to find out for sure, and that is to actually inquire about it from the source.

Now to find all this info and merge this topic.    ::)

Back