• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cell phone coverage in Gagetown?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ian
  • Start date Start date
I

Ian

Good day,

I am in the process of buying a new cellular phone, and will be attached to CFB Gagetown. I was wondering what national cell phone companies provide good reception in the area (Bell, Rogers?).

I have looked at the coverage maps, but I‘ve been burned by the lack of good reception in other places (have never been able to get good coverage in Kingston, for example - although it could be because my current phone is fairly ancient).

Just curious if anybody has had trouble with a particular network.

Thanks a lot, just thought I‘d try to get some information from people actually in Gagetown rather than a salesperson. :)

I was posted there for a few years(7) and Rogers AT&T have the best coverage from my experience. There are few deadzones in the training area, mostly around the Neripis River valley area and towards the Otnabog.

As for the rest of southern NB, the biggest one for traveling in is on the Coles Island road going to Moncton, lasts for about 15min or so.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Bell Mobility and Telus usually have decent coverage.

I have a fido, i wouldnt suggest it for a few reasons,
1. there is extremely limited/no coverage, in the kingston-Montreal corridor,
2. reportedly going out of buisness within the next 6 months (telus is offering trade ins on fido phones to make this process faster.)
hope that helps a bit.

Fido is always saying they are going outta biz. They offer some wicked new plans in BC but their reception is still one of the worst unless you‘re near a tower.

I‘ve found most people have no problems with Telus and Rogers. Rogers will give you good deals if you bring up their competition as well :)

I‘d say rogers. Had recepetion everywhere while travelling down to florida in a bus.

I‘ve been back and forth to G‘town for the last five or six years. Been using Telus since ‘98 and never, ever had a problem getting a signal, even out in the training area. A lot will also depend on the quality of your phone. If it‘s not up to snuff, the best signal in the world won‘t work. Just my .002 CAD :)

Thanks a lot for all of the advice, it will definately come in handy when I make my purchase.

Have a good one. :salute:

Back