• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

cars in the navy

NESOP--QL-3--Esquimalt Black Rock

The rest is CFNOS Halifax--5A/B--6A--6B

Brush up on your math!!

CallOfDuty said:
...just a quick question about NESOP training.....on the recruiting website it says all the operator training is in BC.....but we have CFNOS here at stad? Where do the operators get their 3's?
C.O.D. :cdn:

This is not the place to discuss it, stay on topic.

Just like Saltycdog said. in Halifax you don't get a parking pass until you are on your retirement leave and on your way out the door. Best bet would be to wait on buying a car until you have been in Halifax for a couple of years. The other thing is that when you do buy shop around a lot for insurance, cause if you are under 25 they will gouge you hard. Try the personnal too, it is the CF insurance provider. If you don't have a drivers licence yet you will fall under the new driver policy in NS. First year no driving after dark stuff like that. Check the DMV for more details on that. The other thing is be carefull what dealerships you go to, they can smell new kids in the forces from 5 miles away and are like wolves when you come into the showroom. They will offer you all kinds of stuff, all very reasonably priced. If you have money to put down on a car that is good too, cause then you can reduce your payments. Anyway that's my two cents worth, hope it helps.
Marc

SoF said:
I was also wondering about this as well. How long can you live in the shacks before they kick you out? I will be going reg force soon and my ql3s is in Esquimalt; will I be required to find my own place to live after I finish my 3s?

Record is 18 years, holder just rotated in to A-Stan. As for car in Esquimalt I lived in Vic for 26 years. The during the last six public transport had improved so much I got rid of the car and parked the truck until I went up on the west coast of Vancouver island. The other problem that no one seems to have mention is that when either away or ex or deployment that Pacific salt air plays havoc on chrome and other unfinished metal, poor paint jobs. Contray to some of the other posters there are a few honset car and m/c dealers in the Vic area. But yes they sure can smell new blood. My advice is the same as a couple of the others-wait.

TO SoF-my daughter lives in Vic, both myself and her step dad have many shotguns, years of experience in their use, do not mind using navy targets ;D

edit: grammer and target prep

3rd Herd said:
TO SoF-my daughter lives in Vic, both myself and her step dad have many shotguns, years of experience in their use, do not mind using navy targets ;D

Have no fear 3rd Herd, I will keep my womenizing to a minimum; atleast until I get settled in the area that is ;D

Dont know if this is a dead topic but I'm in the 1st month of Ne Sop 3's now at Blackrock (Esquimalt)The course is tons of memorization platforms,Eletromagnetic theory,Pubs stuff like that so you really dont have to be a genius but a good memory and good study habits are essential.The EOB's and OOB's seem to be the killers for the nesop 3's course.
PS:Good luck on your entry ;D

Kodiack99 said:
Dont know if this is a dead topic but I'm in the 1st month of Ne Sop 3's now at Blackrock (Esquimalt)The course is tons of memorization platforms,Eletromagnetic theory,Pubs stuff like that so you really dont have to be a genius but a good memory and good study habits are essential.The EOB's and OOB's seem to be the killers for the nesop 3's course.
PS:Good luck on your entry ;D

Understood but what's this got to do with getting a car as a new entry in the Navy?

Back