• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can't afford plastic surgery? Join the Marines

Had to have someone to practice on  :D Though I must say, it could make for good platoon morale  ::)

The surgeries are there to allow the plastics docs in the service the chance to keep their skills sharp so that they are proficient when it comes time to practice their craft on guys who have been burnt/disfigured while out fighting in Iraq or AStan. You know, those guys out killing terrorist, keeping the braying jackasses back home safe in their smug little world.
Noone blinks an eye when some Hollywood whore gets a nip and tuck, why not let service members get in on a little extra. Although one would hope that the lipo is restricted to family members, since no one in the service should need lipo.

infamous_p said:
in my opinion thats a ridiculous waste of taxpayer's money

I second that one...

[quote author=Marauder]Noone blinks an eye when some Hollywood whore gets a nip and tuck, why not let service members get in on a little extra. Although one would hope that the lipo is restricted to family members, since no one in the service should need lipo.[/quote]

When those hollywood whores get a nip and tuck, is it out of the taxpayers dime though?

NEW YORK - The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan â Å“Be All You Can Be,â ? but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic surgery, including breast enlargements,on the taxpayers' dime.

Were I an american taxpayer... I would be just a little P/Oed.

I have two trains of thought on this topic.  One being the larger train that says this is silly and really should not be funded by the government.  "to maintain the sill or not" they could be paid for their skills.  The other being the smaller that says hmmm unit moral must be up in some areas, or now maybe they can pass their swim test.  and i could go on here but i don't want to be edited. 

Still a silly way to recruit personal, but if it works is it necessarily wrong both parties are getting what they want.  And it is not really breaking any rules.  Maybe they will be the next reality show?

MOO

Or maybe the practice they're getting doing plastic/ reconstructive surgery will help them better deal with wounds and disfigurement of the people hurt in accidents and combat? I say it's a win/win situation.

Marauder said:
The surgeries are there to allow the plastics docs in the service the chance to keep their skills sharp so that they are proficient when it comes time to practice their craft on guys who have been burnt/disfigured while out fighting in Iraq or AStan. You know, those guys out killing terrorist, keeping the braying jackasses back home safe in their smug little world.
Noone blinks an eye when some Hollywood ***** gets a nip and tuck, why not let service members get in on a little extra. Although one would hope that the lipo is restricted to family members, since no one in the service should need lipo.

well said marauder... as for taxpayer's money? governments waste far, far, more $ on way worse endeavors than this...

Back