• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN regarding fleece kit

The Librarian said:
It's not that bad....... ;)

Ha ha, If you're from Tignish it's not that bad  ;D

If you're from down East, and admit you are from down East, then it was......."let's get ready to rumble".... :threat:

potato

spud said:
Ha ha, If you're from Tignish it's not that bad  ;D

If you're from down East, and admit you are from down East, then it was......."let's get ready to rumble".... :threat:

potato

Well, I'd never know...Tidnish...Tignish...only difference is Provinces!!  ;D

I'm an "import."

STop the bickering youre nothing if youre not from Sherwood .remeber born on the farm die by the barn potatoes for life.

Yeah what's the deal? In 32 Brig we are always told "fleece ins't an outter garment soldier".

The message regarding the wearing of fleece states that it is not for use as outerwear while in Garrison.

When on training and operations...it is at the discretion of the CoC of the particluar Unit/Op, at can be changed at the discretion of new incoming COs (with input from the RSMs who enforce the regs) as they deem fit.

So what was acceptable on trg or Ops for one tour/CO may not be acceptable to the next. It is at their discretion.

gate_guard said:
Olive,
If you‘re a gunner, who works for you? Your profile says your a pte but you‘ve got a little leaf and chevrons on your posts. Are you another fasttrack leaf? As far as comfort in the field goes, or any issues with dress and deportment, it really doesn‘t matter what any QR&O or canforgen says. The Sgt Majors  dictate what is allowed. I don‘t care who you are, no one can tell me that they would pull out their little pocket manual on dress regs and tell their Sgt Major "No sir, you‘re wrong, it says right here..." On second thought, try it and see what happens. He‘s got the final word, not you and not some little NDHQ pam or memo.

And really, what‘s the big deal? Wear your fleece under your combat shirt. Problem solved.

Your dedication to your chain of command is truely inspirational. However, your total lack of respect to established rules and regulations is abysmal. The SM does indeed have a say, his say in the matter makes him liable for your actions. In other words, hes removing you from your responsibility to follow that rule.

MOOXE said:
Your dedication to your chain of command is truely inspirational. However, your total lack of respect to established rules and regulations is abysmal. The SM does indeed have a say, his say in the matter makes him liable for your actions. In other words, hes removing you from your responsibility to follow that rule.
Well, in this case...he's right. When deployed on ops or trg the regs state that the wearing of the fleece is a CoC decision.

MOOXE, perhaps you wanna quote someone who has actually posted a reply on this board less then 3 yrs ago?

I don't know where you all work, but this issue has been dead and buried by the professional army for a yr or so.

St. Micheal's Medical Team said:
MOOXE, perhaps you wanna quote someone who has actually posted a reply on this board less then 3 yrs ago?

I don't know where you all work, but this issue has been dead and buried by the professional army for a yr or so.

And the ref takes away a point, signals "low blow" to the judges... ;D

Low blow?...perhaps.  8)

I am hoping that this discussion can be put to bed, finally.

Funny,

I just had this debate with the CSM the other night in the DFAC at KAF.

She informed me that the dress regs stated that fleece was only worn as an outer garmet when in the field therefore I had to put my fleece under my shirt.

I turned it around and asked her where I was to turn in my personal weapon as it was not required in garrison.

It was a private conversation as I would not question any statement of the CSM in public.

St. Micheal's Medical Team said:

I used the search function that I seen referenced about 40,000 times by the staff here! See what happens?

MOOXE said:
I used the search function that I seen referenced about 40,000 times by the staff here! See what happens?

Use the advanced search page, and limit the search by the message age.

Back