• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Reserves

Nursing Student

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello. I just have a couple of questions for you all, if you can help me.

I am currently an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) student, and I would like to join the Reserves when I am finished my education.

1. Basic training: What will I be required to complete? (I will already be practicing my profession as a nurse, but I would like to use it in military service.) Please provide as much detail as you can.
2. Can I be part of the Reserve force in my civilian career?HX

Thank you very much in advance for your help. All the best to you this Remembrance Day.

1. You'll be required to complete BMQ aka basic training lol. Search the site, this has been covered before. 
2. If you mean by being in the Reserves while working at a full time civilian job, then yes you can.

No problem. 

And just a heads up a CF application can take upwards of six months, (mine is taking MUCH longer) so if your graduating soon it's best to get started with the application ASAP. It's usually not a speedy process.

Goodluck.  ;D

Nursing Student said:
Hello. I just have a couple of questions for you all, if you can help me.

Most of your questions - including some that have not yet occurred to you - will have been answered here already. Reading through older threads and using the Search Function should be beneficial.

Thank you for all the replies!

One question I forgot to ask: is French necessary no matter what capacity I serve in (Reserves, Regular force, etc.)?

Nursing Student said:
Thank you for all the replies!

One question I forgot to ask: is French necessary no matter what capacity I serve in (Reserves, Regular force, etc.)?

From what I hear, it's not mandatory. If you're fluent in both languages, then that's a little bit of a bonus.

You should also be aware that the Reserve Force has a occupation called Medial Assistant - Nursing Assistant.  This is a occupation reserved for LPNs / RPNs and it does not exist in the Regular Force. Not everyone knows about it because it is pretty new. 

All Reserve Field Ambulances have a number of positions, and to date have had a hard time filling these billets.  Make you mention your qualification and this occupation when you walk into the CRFC / local Field Ambulance. 

MC

Back