• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Flag Arm Patch

Tourist

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am an ex-Sgt Brit Army, still live in the UK.

I need to get hold of a genuine issue Canadian Flag Arm Patch, can someone help me out?

Can you point me at a store that sells the genuine article or, can you sell me one or even trade one?

The reason I need one is to use as illustration in something I am writing about all NATO airborne forces.
I have the one from CP but I would rather use the genuine issue version.

I have had some help from Public Affairs and huge help from the CO at the para school but you cannot ponce
badges from people so I  am trying to buy them.

Help!

Alex

You're going to have to be a little more specific.

There are the small 2in x 1/2in ones in OD, 2in x 1/2in in Red & whiet
And there are the much larger OD ones currently being used in Afghanistan.

All are current - so you'll have to be a bit more specific

Thanks for the reply. :)

Not OD.  I have deliberately stayed away from OD with all the others I am using so it would be out of context.

Cheers

Alex

Tourist-

In garrison we wear the red and white 2" by 1" flags. In the field, on our temperate CADPAT we wear the OD green / dark green flag. For our Arid CADPAT we also have a tan and brown flag 2"x1", that I've never actually seen used, an OD green and black IR reflective 2" x 1" that we wear on our left shoulder outside the wire, and a similr one 4" x 2" that we wear on our right sleeve pocket. In the past month or two I've also seen tan and dark brown 4" x 2" IR reflective flags starting to crop up on the desert uniforms, I would assume those are newly manufactured to match the Arid CADPAT.

So all in all, 6 different flags, four of them 2" x 1", and the other two 4" x 2".

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info :).

Is it possible to get an official issue red and white one anywhere?

I only need one for illustration to use in the header alongside the Canadian wings in the Canada section of the 'thing' I am writing.

Like I said I have the one from CP but in order to keep it correct I would like to get a real one.

Alex

The ones from CP GEAR are the same as the issued ones. If there are any differences I'm sure our resident CP GEAR rep (aka Matt Fisher) will be around to say if there any or not.

NFLD Sapper said:
The ones from CP GEAR are the same as the issued ones. If there are any differences I'm sure our resident CP GEAR rep (aka Matt Fisher) will be around to say if there any or not.

just to follow up with a concrete link,

http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=75

You probably want the red and white, you can get it without velcro on the back or with, which ever will be more suitable. They are identical and actually sometimes are easier to get than to get them from our units. Most of my BMQ course whore flags and nametapes from CP gear.

I have had some very kind offers of help from some of the chaps here and I greatly appreciate it.

THANK YOU :)

Alex

Back