• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can a busy female politician give reliable evidence? A judge says no

Her hysterics in the G & M and on CTV's Question Period. I wish I could post my true feels about Jane Taber here.

Christie Blatchford's column on this subject can be read here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ottawa-judge-wasnt-judging-gender/article1248702/

A partial repeat follows:

Judge Cunningham's decision runs to 21 pages. It makes for pleasant reading, actually, as good legal judgments often do. What a pity none of those now claiming to be outraged about what he said in it appears to have actually read the bloody thing.

Essentially, what happened is that the judge was smeared as a sexist pig, the first blow coming on the front page of The Globe and Mail on Tuesday.

Seven words of the approximately 700 the judge wrote about one of the prosecution witnesses, Nepean-Carleton Conservative MPP Lisa MacLeod, were excised from the judgment, gutted of their context and then, in the body of the story “reacted to,” as is the modern fashion in journalism, by those with an axe, philosophical or political, to grind.

Back