• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CamelBak Topics

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Okay I don't have a stupid question... But I did have a blonde moment with my bald head. I use my camelbak on my rucksack while marching. I read somewhere that orange juice is good for a long term work out. So in my wisdom, I put the OJ in the camelbak. Had few couple of sips.With all the pulp, it caused the mouth piece to open up during the march. Things went messy, after that. Lesson learn. Don't use OJ in the camelbak, doesn't matter what article says OJ is good for you. Just stick with CamelBak Elixir style for now on. Or just plain water too.

Any input on other drinks to add to your camelbak? Minus alcoholic mixes...

Is there a Canadian version of the Elixir around here? I just remembered that my last tube of Elixir I bought at an American PX.

:D

Regards,
TN

Having done a lot of mountain biking over the last six years, my buddies and I like to stick to the powdered gatorade and water mix, since that stuff is pretty cheap and gets you all the electrolytes and fluids you need. When I was fourteen, I decided it would be a brilliant idea to empty a 2L coke into my camelbak. Needless to say, the mouthpiece (which wasn't a bite one, it was bottle-top style) popped open and spewed warm, shaken coke all over me during the ride down.  :facepalm:

If you're on a march, or just have the option, take a Nalgene bottle (or any wide mouth bottle) and use that for your juice mix. Leave water alone in the Camelbak to save cleaning...

Overseas, we got these little tablets.. You add one or two to your CamelBak and it flavoured the water.. Was really really good.. For the life of me can't remember what they were called.

EDIT to add link:

http://www.camelbak.com/Military-Tactical/Drinks/Elixir-Bulk-Berry.aspx

They have other flavours too.

If you are looking for something similar to the elixir tabs, check out Nuun tablets, available at MEC online or in store. Pretty much the same deal as the elixirs, but you can easily get it here.

Nuun tablets are awesome as well. Available from MEC, don't have a link right now.

Oh I got my fix with the Nuun ones. Great stuff. Thanks for the information guys.

Back