• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Fleece

A question many people have asked for many years and never a satisfactory answer.  As usual it always seems to be the dinosaurs that hate change and resist at every turn to see that it can be worn as both undergarmet and outer.

tannerthehammer said:
If the fleece is supposed to be an undergarment than why is there a thing for a slip on epilette?

epaulette......its french

tannerthehammer said:
Ya it just seems odd that they would ok a design with that on it yet we don't really use it

YMMV but out here I find it all depends on the base you are on or RSM/CSM you have and if you can wear it as a outer or not.

In my day ,sweaters were under garments.Until I went to Egypt( UNEF2) then we were told to sew on epaulets and UN Flahes on.  Same story differant time and kit.

cdnaviator said:
epaulette......its french
Is it still called an epaulette if it's on the chest? I was under the impression they were chest tabs now (referring to the ones on your chest obviously).

tannerthehammer said:
If the fleece is supposed to be an undergarment than why is there a thing for a slip on epilette?

???

The epaulet is sewn on your uniform.  The slip on goes over the epaulet. 

WRT over garment or under garment.....
Worn as undergarment while in garrison
can be worn as overgarment in the field

Hmmmm will have to look at the old CFP 265 again

under while in garrison, over when out in the field (providing the IC chooses 'practical' over 'protocol'). Whatever the case, I just like wearing it around the house and the bottoms. Its like you're in a polar fleece blanket and it satisfies my CADPAT fetish (no, not what you think)  ;)  

geo said:
WRT over garment or under garment.....
Worn as undergarment while in garrison
can be worn as overgarment in the field

Hmmmm will have to look at the old CFP 265 again

and never to be worn on the flightline......does not meet the anti static standard.

Ahhh.  CADPAT fleece.

Warm?  Yep!
Practical? Yep!
Fashionable?  Nope!

Suitable for wear in public?  Nope!  Certainly I wouldn't want someone thinking that a cat vomited on my green fleece jacket.

Maybe its just me but I hate the fleece, Cadpat and OD same thing. I find that it is heavy, gets rediculously heavy and sponge like when wet, does not pack well, pile(sp?) really badly after only a little while, and finally my biggest issue, the wrists are two tight and hurt my arm hair!

I will stick with my snugpak

well I'm happy its not just me! I was beginning to think I was some sort of freak!

The combination of the uncomfortable sleeves and the fact that it does not pack up small pretty much takes it out of contention for kit I regularly use.

I just thought I had a fleece which was to small. but.. its only the cuff's. the rest is fine.
I don't want a fleece that'll look like a parachute....

Back