• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets wearing Year of the Veteran Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
foerestedwarrior said:
Wow, not olny am I a Pri Res soldier, but I also work full time at RCSU(c), neither of the units I work for have this yet.......why are cadets getting them first??

cadet arn't getting them first. the majority of all PRes in the GTA have them. the my corp got them because we were in attendance of the VE day parade and they were handing them out to all members of the parade.

they haven't been mailed to cadets as of yet. also is there a problem with cadets getting them before you? maybe you should have a talk with your QM or who ever is in charge of ordering them.

Most of the staff at my Detachment have the pins. I have not yet seen any cadet units in Winnipeg wearing them yet.

I've emailed our ACO earlier today to get the word on them

Ok so were allowed to wear them. Problem is nobody I know has them yet. And what would be the point of having to hand out all those pins when by the time we get them it will almost be 2006?  Unless there handing them out at summer camps?

My Cadet Corps got them 2 weeks ago, and we've handed them out to all our cadets and officers.

hmm, we have a bunch of the 60th ann. D-Day pins.....and the only veterin pin I've seen is on our Trg O...and he had to scrounge a little to get it......

I've got a YOTV pin. I got it a Encounters with Canada, a government program in Ottawa during a session with a Combat Engineer about peacekeeping.

I got my pin about 2 weeks ago. Our whole corp including officers got them. I think that they look pretty nice.

yoman said:
Ok so were allowed to wear them. Problem is nobody I know has them yet. And what would be the point of having to hand out all those pins when by the time we get them it will almost be 2006?  Unless there handing them out at summer camps?

welcome the the military ,Hurry up and wait

foerestedwarrior said:
Wow, not olny am I a Pri Res soldier, but I also work full time at RCSU(c), neither of the units I work for have this yet.......why are cadets getting them first??

I live well over 20,000 km away, and I still managed to get a couple, and I have one on my civvy ballcap, as its obvious I can't wear it here on my uniform.

They are a very nice pin and are so well deserved for our Vets recognition, but it should have been years earlier than now. I think mine were sourced thur Vets Affairs or similar organisation.

I also think the 'poppy' 25 cent piece is a good gesture too.

As far as I am concerned I think every Canadian should be able to wear such a pin (if they want to), and I would be truly shocked (and disgusted) if any Canadian organisation shunned wearning such.

Regards,

Wes

My Sqn. in central region has had ours since the beginning of June-Cadets and Officers.

PV

I can't get over this....

My Legion got sent 3 pins for 37 WW2....what are they supposed to do? Take turns wearing it?  ::)

Yet the powers that be get every bloody cadet in Canuckistan a pin.....

Heaven forbid the people who deserve it get first dibs.

If you live in the Moncton area....drop by the Sunny Brae Legion and drop some off....I would, but I have no time...with prepping for Afghanistan and all.

Regards

Franko said:

My Legion got sent 3 pins for 37 WW2....what are they supposed to do? Take turns wearing it?    ::)

If you live in the Moncton area....drop by the Sunny Brae Legion and drop some off....I would, but I have no time...with prepping for Afghanistan and all.

Regards
Just because the cadets have been authorised to wear the pin doesn't mean they actually have them. As far as I know, no cadet corps in BC has been fully outfitted with the pins. If you read through the thread, you will notice that most people are saying their corps doesn't have them yet, and those that do have them, were only given them very recently.

Franko said:

My Legion got sent 3 pins for 37 WW2....what are they supposed to do? Take turns wearing it?    ::)

Regards

I don't agree with this either, however it's possible the legions are being supplied by different means then the cadet system.  So far it seems like only some Ontario Cadet Corps have been issued the pins so far.

Should I encounter a veteran that does not have a Year of the Veteran Pin, I would gladly take mine off and give it to him/her, and I would instruct any of my cadets to do the same.

The way I see this is a supply problem not an entitlement issue.  If your taking your frustration with Veterans Affairs out on Cadets well thats just plain sad.  Yes we're all impresssed your going to Afghanistan, get over yourself.  People take themselves a little too seriously on this site, hacking on kids is a new low though.

Chimo!

Sapper41 said:
The way I see this is a supply problem not an entitlement issue.   If your taking your frustration with Veterans Affairs out on Cadets well thats just plain sad.   Yes we're all impresssed your going to Afghanistan, get over yourself.   People take themselves a little too seriously on this site, hacking on kids is a new low though.

Chimo!

Sergeant with 13 yrs experience or not, arrogance and rudeness on your 1st post will get you no where on here. As for being serious on here, how would you know since this is your 1st post anyways.

Aside from that, welcome to the site, and I hope I am not too serious for ya.

Cheers,

Wes

Trinity said:
But hacking on cadets is a sport on this site!!!    ;D ;D

jk

Except for me.  I hack back ;D

Just to kinda get this track back on topic instead of everyone trying to get in there two cents and just wasting bandwith arguing.

My corp has been completely outfitted with them. We have about 120 cadets.
Regards,

We have not recieved any as a unit. One cadet mananged to get a hold of one as didi one or two officers. From what I've heard we should be getting the pins when we return in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back