• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Comabt Badges

• Thread starter Thread starter madchicken
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree completely, Ouyin2000.
I spent seven great years in cadets, got to travel to different countries, meet lots of people and learn new things. i'd definately do it again too  ;D

madchicken said:
Hey, so tonight I was woundering around my corps stores looking for snares when I came across combat ranks.   You know, the mini chevrons that are olive green?   Well I was woundering if cadet are authorized to wear them or is it just for actual people in the CF or reserves

No Not Nadda Cadets can not will not wear combat ranks!

Sig Bloggins said:
Are you sure about that? I highly doubt being a staff cadet and being a member of the reserves is the same thing. Are they a sworn member of the CF? In a reserve unit? Didn't think so.

From what I understand, staff cadets are only issued a SN for administrative purposes, ie. for pay.

Years ago when Christ was a Corporal staff cadets were members of the reserver but not any more.

Big Foot said:
I think that is just an expression of how long ago it was.

Now that I think about it, I understand.  ::) Slightly offensive, but I'm not puckered like a kinked slinky so I'll drop it. Maybe next time my72jeep, could you try to choose a saying less abrasive, or at least not so Blasphemous? Theres guys here that I know would take it to heart more than I.

I don't think the comment or expression meant any offence to anyone or group, after all a humourless God would not have created the Moose, Beaver or us  ;D
*As a note to cadets when wearing field dress*
You MAY NOT wear any patch tag, or insignia, of any military unit on your field dress. Rank MUST identify you as a Cadet (use a Brassard)
Field dress is also not to be worn by Cadets in public places, or during public functions.

A good idea as well is to wear what you purchase in the proper fashion, show pride in yourself and your unit.

I don't know about your corps,but in 1292 LdSH Cadets,the cadets wear combat rank insignia attatched to brassards with their field uniforms(combats).They also have cadet insignia(RCACC) sewn on to eliminate confusion.No nat'l flag crests,though.

badpup said:
I don't think the comment or expression meant any offence to anyone or group, after all a humourless God would not have created the Moose, Beaver or us  ;D

I never said it was meant to offend, just a little more regard for what may be interpreted as offensive is needed.

Ok... This has also been beaten to death.  Cadets are not permitted to wear combat rank on their own.  Any further posts may be pmed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back